Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got a Warning in Wisconsin over my Evo's Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2005, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I live in Wisconsin and YES the cops here are stupid. I can't even drive my car without being afraid of these dam cops.

Wi has the worst cops of any state!!!!
Old Jan 22, 2005, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

Wow, glad I went with the RS. Even debadged it so the only exterior badges are the diamonds. Haven't been stopped yet. I think the lack of HIDs might help at night too. Seems like the police powertrip on anything nicer than the Cavaliers or Grand Ams they drive home that night.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Wow, I so wish I lived close to WI. I would drive my car through this pathetic attempt at justice everyday just to give a cop some lip that wanted to pull me over for something that is perfectly legal. To hear everyone say they are afraid to drive there car, I'm sorry to hear this and it makes me sad. Do yourself a favor remove yourself form this sorry attempt for a state and just move down to the south. No emmissions, no snow well less than what you all get , everyone is super friendly, and the cops are normal nice people not power tripping robots, and the packers are never going to amount to anything anyway haha j/k... Seriously I would try to get a ticket over this wing drive it straight to the dealer who sold me the car and raise so much hell they would get the Mitsu lawyers behind you in a heart beat(If they can still afford to pay for attorneys). Seriously, this is pathetic to hear someone say they are affraid of a bunch of local power tripping cops. They are paid to enforce the law not give there opinion. Sorry but reading this pisses me off and hope you all dont stand by and let them push you around. Fight this and get it fixed on the federal level immediatly.

Staton

Last edited by thestaton; Jan 22, 2005 at 03:42 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With all the bull**** cop stops in WI you would think it was attached to the People's Republik of Kalifornia.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thestaton
Wow, I so wish I lived close to WI. I would drive my car through this pathetic attempt at justice everyday just to give a cop some lip that wanted to pull me over for something that is perfectly legal. To hear everyone say they are afraid to drive there car, I'm sorry to hear this and it makes me sad. Do yourself a favor remove yourself form this sorry attempt for a state and just move down to the south. No emmissions, no snow well less than what you all get , everyone is super friendly, and the cops are normal nice people not power tripping robots, and the packers are never going to amount to anything anyway haha j/k... Seriously I would try to get a ticket over this wing drive it straight to the dealer who sold me the car and raise so much hell they would get the Mitsu lawyers behind you in a heart beat(If they can still afford to pay for attorneys). Seriously, this is pathetic to hear someone say they are affraid of a bunch of local power tripping cops. They are paid to enforce the law not give there opinion. Sorry but reading this pisses me off and hope you all dont stand by and let them push you around. Fight this and get it fixed on the federal level immediatly.

Staton
With all this bull**** why doesn't everyone in WI contact the newspapers and write their local representatives? Evo/STi owners UNITED for a common cause!
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

After a few drinks last night I was thinking about this some. I know in KY we have channel 10 and in DE we have like channel 8. Basically you tell them you are being harrased by the cops for being perfectly legal and it should sell pretty easy. Also start writing the newspapers like machron has suggested hell pay for the front page if you can afford it. But the first thing I would do is call up your local congressmen. These guys can make things happen at the drop of a hat, and there is no need for this crap to even happen in the first place. Get off the forums if you are from WI and get out and take action

Staton
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

but an after market carbon fiber trunk
but you can always have mitsu provides you the paper workin the car
if you do get pulled over just show the officer its from factory a cop pulled me over last week for the same thing since i've read enuf about this type of post for the past 2 years i had the dealer provids me paper work that i keep in the car and i even invite the officer sat in so he knew its not blocking anything
Old Jan 23, 2005, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

I hope there isn't a backlash against the WI cops. For some reason I'm picturing oil slicks on the back of the WI Evos that actually dispense fondue, and drivers tossing processed cheese slices out the window to stick to the cop's windshields in an attempt to thwart this wave of persecution.

If it's one thing we don't need, it is the average Winsconsinite taking the cheese into their own hands.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Not to threadjack...but I got pulled over in Georgia this afternoon about the wing. I broke out the owner's manual from the glovebox and showed the cop the pictures of the car with the wing on it. I guess it convinced him; he told me to "have a nice day, drive safely".
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

what a bunch of scumbags...

don't remove that beautiful wing... take them to court... period... it's OEM so IT's LEGAL... besides, dryaad won his defense... and that was in WI... get the case number and use that... they'll back off immediately... and yes... some guys here should start something up with the media for being picked on by the cops unlawfully, local media's usually love that stuff... and especially fight the ticket IF he'd issue you citations for OTHER stuff that "may be" illegal like tints and stuff and listed the Wing as his motive for pulling you over, those other offenses on that citation would be dismissed since you were wrongfully pulled over in the first place... now... if you have a brick of crack in your car and they cit you for that, you're sol...

damn... and here i thought i lived around the worst cops in the country... you guys in WI win it... but it's still a close heat... LOL