Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got a Warning in Wisconsin over my Evo's Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2005, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Got a Warning in Wisconsin over my Evo's Spoiler

Wisconsin state patrol stopped me over the holidays because the Evo spoiler abstructs the rear window. Got a verbal warning. It happened near Eau Claire on I-94.

My 87 year old mother in law was with me. She talked him out of giving me a ticket. I was taking her home after spending Xmas with the family in Minnesota.

Where I am going with this is finding another trunk lid. Will 2003 or 2004 trunk lids fit an 2005 Evo? I was going to use a used trunk lid. I'm guessing carbon fiber is spendy.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 07:52 PM

Will a Lancer ES trunk lid work?
Old Jan 2, 2005, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't give up the spoiler... isn't their a really long thread about the legality of the evo spoiler in Wisconsin??????, besides, the vortex generators will be useless w/o the spoiler.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 07:55 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
what?

that's why you have side mirrors.

That wing is OEM Spec, tell him to give you a ticket and fight it in the court. Then if you get a ticket, sue mitsubishi.

Search for whale wing ticket. You'll find all your answers there.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

This is lame. The car is made to be 50 state legal. For the cops to come after you for something like this is absurd. Tell them to go fight some real crime. I love when cops threaten to give tickets for OEM hardware. I've been threatened for tickets for exhaust, tail lights, and wing, all of which were stock.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

By Federal Law, you can't have a oem car (unmodified) on the road that does not meet all states vehicle safety requirements. Tell the cop to see you in court for false arrest. i

While you're at it, ask the cop how he can safely drive his car with a computer screen in his front seat, cb radio, ray ban sunglasses
Old Jan 2, 2005, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

A car manufacturer isn;t going to make a car that can be ticketed on the streets from factory parts. Tell the cop to go %@#^ himself.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

yeah cops normally respond real well when you are rude and tell them to go **** themselves , all the cops I have ever met in my life I just know they would love to hear that and prolly let me go without incident
Old Jan 2, 2005, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Man, Wisconsin cops suck. When I lived up there I got pulled over by many of them, but it wasn't until the state trooper got me that I had to do something. They gave me 30 days to "fix" the exhaust (put the silencer back in), remove the tint on the front windows (20% that was about 2 weeks old), and also the eyebrow tint on the windshield (came down 6" instead of 5"). In the end I had to rip about $100 of 2-week old tint off and stick the silencer back in. THEY SUCK UP THERE!!!!
Old Jan 2, 2005, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4-BNGR
While you're at it, ask the cop how he can safely drive his car with a computer screen in his front seat, cb radio, ray ban sunglasses

Well.........You see.......That's different......Umm.......I have a badge!

I actually wish for more crime when I hear of things like this. Virginia cops are just as bad.....
Old Jan 2, 2005, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

YAY!!!!! I'm not the only one in WI that got busted for it. Sorry to hear that man, im still going to court for my ticket. I think I am on month 4-5. I was just followed by a Milwaukee sheriff about 2 hours ago, I know he was running my plates because he stayed right behind me for about a mile then ducked off somewhere. Never really had a problem with Milwaukee county police or sheriff, it's all the suburbs you have to watch out for.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 08:19 PM

Wow! So you have to have no obstruction to the rearview huh,, what if you drive a box truck or a work van with no rear windows... is that illegal too... Sounds weird to me..

Last edited by EvamyEvo; Jan 2, 2005 at 08:24 PM.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvamyEvo
Wow! So you have to have no obstruction to the rearview huh,, what if you drive a box truck or a work van with no rear windows... is that illegal too... Sounds weird to me..
great point
Old Jan 2, 2005, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Cops are Tards.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

What are they going to do next, give you a fix it ticket for your HID's because they are too bright?

Quick Reply: Got a Warning in Wisconsin over my Evo's Spoiler