Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HKS EVC V took a dump

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2005, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HKS EVC V took a dump

For the last few days I have had my boost controller in and out of the car because the damn thing didn't want to work. I have had it in the car for 6-7 months with no problem at all, then all of a sudden BAM 40psi on the display then the warning chime started. Looked down at my other boost gauge to find that I was in vacuum. I called HKS and was told that they never had a stepping motor come back that was defective. I tested my stepping motor with a new one and the entire system worked flawless. Looks like HKS is about to see a first.

I have heard horror stories about the time it takes to diagnose the problem. Anyone ever have to send something back to them? Good? Bad? Let's hear you stories.
Old Jun 5, 2005, 03:40 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
how did this ever turn out for you dryad001
Old Jun 5, 2005, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did you actually boost 40psi??? or did it just go into a fall safe mode and run on the wastegate?
Old Jun 18, 2005, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard if you send it back and they cannot find a prob, they charge you. If they DO find a problem, then you just pay shipping.

Sux it went bad, I hope its an isolated problem.....