Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need Advice on buying EVO NOW!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2005, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

i waited 12 years & now i have 2 evo's.

paid $29,200 with ttl (tax, title, lic fees) on the 03 (invoice was $26,995)
paid $30,219 with ttl on the 05 (invoice was $29,795)

got both cars around $500 under invoice. this is how the dealer works. they will make 2 offers b4 agreeing to a sale (i sold cars for a while) like this :
gor 4 the gross (profit), go for the gross, go for the deal. keep threatening to walk or buy elsewhere & they will eventually match your price. they will always try to "sell payment" to put you in a car you can't afford only to get repoed later. try to deal with the salesman who's been there the longest. remember the dealer gets a kickback from the manufacturer even if they make no $ during the deal. THEY ALWAYS GET THEIR $!!! take some people with you if you have to. make a scene if needed. it's your money & i don't care what evo it is, it's not worth ALL your money. shop wisely my friend.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Well plans have changed YET AGAIN.

I made a trip to Staten Island tonight to Manfredi Mitsubishi, as I was referred by an EVO-NY member. It was a good idea, Billy, the sales manager is an awesome guy and made everything simple.

Right now I am looking at a 2005 Electric Blue Evo GSR with the SSL package for 32,750. They are doing the paperwork tomorow with my credit so if all goes well, Ill be driving it home on Friday! Also, this one has 0 miles, so I'll know no other savage has touched my vehicle!

Tom

AWESOME!!!!....way to be patient.....looks like it's paying off.....

Yeah....i'd say shop around at the credit unions......they have better rates (especially if you have automatic monthly payments taken from ur checking)....PLUS.......

if ur hurting on the payment.....some credit unions allow 7yr ammortizations on new cars.....so it's easier on your wallet.......

.....just be careful not to shop around TOO much and drop your score......that's a mistake alot of people make.....cuz with everyone and their mom pullin ur credit...ur score would surely take a big dump....

MAN....!!! THAT ELECTRIC BLUE IS A SWEET COLOR......GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wicked05
AWESOME!!!!....way to be patient.....looks like it's paying off.....

Yeah....i'd say shop around at the credit unions......they have better rates (especially if you have automatic monthly payments taken from ur checking)....PLUS.......

if ur hurting on the payment.....some credit unions allow 7yr ammortizations on new cars.....so it's easier on your wallet.......

.....just be careful not to shop around TOO much and drop your score......that's a mistake alot of people make.....cuz with everyone and their mom pullin ur credit...ur score would surely take a big dump....

MAN....!!! THAT ELECTRIC BLUE IS A SWEET COLOR......GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
Thanks!! Yeah I have been shopping around being a bit indecisive but yes it has paid off thus far. Good news is, of the places I visited, no one has run my credit yet because I have not really settled on a good price. The only people to run the credit check will be the one dealer I am going with right now (Manfredi), which btw if you arent too far from, I would HIGHLY Reccomend MANFREDI MITSU in Staten Island NY. Billy is the sales manager and is an awesome guy and gave me a great price, I actually didnt even feel like I was at a car dealership.

EVERY OTHER Mitsu I went to made me feel like I was on a financial battlefield and I guess bc of my age they tried playing numbers on me like I was a fool, saying "Well how much can you afford a month" and things like that. Little do they know I know how the process works in detail since I am a finance major and my best friend is a salesman at Honda. Brad Benson Mitsu I did NOT like at all!

I am definitely looking to do the Credit Union way, seems like a very viable way to save some $!
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

good luck man!!!

it'll the best purchase you would've made in ur life.....the EVO is such an awesome car.....
Old Jan 6, 2005, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

the credit union will be your best bet i agree. in case that doesn't work, you can also apply for a car loan str8 thru the bank u normally use. they can "preapprove" you for an amount, then all u do is get a purchase order from the car dealer. same process w/ the credit unions. in & out in 15 min or less. also bypass the sales vultures & go str8 to the fleet guy. he's no concerned about each car as he profits from volume. i bought the 05 from a fleet guy at mark mitsu (scottsdale, az) & ended up at $500 under invoice & got $4k over blue book for my trade (2004 Jag X-Type AWD on 18's).
Old Jan 6, 2005, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

whoa!!!!

03 with 10k-15k for $25k?????

I got my 03 used with 12000 miles for $23.5k!! The clutch was perfect and still is (knock on wood), everything was bone stock and 100% perfect. The guy before me even bought extended warrenty for it and still had all his oil change receipts in the car.

I do admit however, I did take a massive gamble on a possible $1000 clutch replacement, but I lucked out and picked the right car and dealer (in chicago)

I've seen 15k EVOs go for like $21k this summer!

Look harder, look harder, look harder, especially this time of the season when dealer's car sales dip.

good luck

Last edited by mdosu; Jan 6, 2005 at 06:43 PM.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mdosu
whoa!!!!

03 with 10k-15k for $25k?????

I got my 03 used with 12000 miles for $23.5k!! The clutch was perfect and still is (knock on wood), everything was bone stock and 100% perfect. The guy before me even bought extended warrenty for it and still had all his oil change receipts in the car.

I do admit however, I did take a massive gamble on a possible $1000 clutch replacement, but I lucked out and picked the right car and dealer (in chicago)

I've seen 15k EVOs go for like $21k this summer!

Look harder, look harder, look harder, especially this time of the season when dealer's car sales dip.

good luck
Well HOPEFULLY if everything goes well on Saturday Ill be driving home an 05 EVO electric blue instead of a used 03 Ill let everyone know!
Old Jan 6, 2005, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

if they gave it to you for 29
and the intrest is 5 percent
all you have to do is read the contract carefully
to make sure there are no hidden charges
and test drive the car that has 500 miles on it
it could be a test drive demo car or a manager car