Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2005, 06:25 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by pushnlacs
ok first to the people who were cool and helped me out, thanks.

to the guy that said no ones going to answer because its been covered. you need to let the whole "just search" aditude go, besides if you read my post i diuble checking my info by asking actuall evo drivers.

now to the real a-hole, the guy who assumed im trying to make a evo a drag car. first off there are a number of bad *** evo drag cars that still can kill on a road course but that besides my point because my car will most likely never see the drag strip because IT WONT BE A DRAG CAR YOU DUMBASS. do you expect everyone to keep their evo stock? because thats what you sound like, since modding makes a cars e/t lower. you know that right?? and you say just becuase i want a 11 sec. evo i want a drag car.

point is i want a 11 sec. evo with just as much effort put into the suspension and every other aspect of the car that went into the engine to make be able to run a qm in 11 sec. it will be a street car plain and simple ment to perform in all area to the max while tearing up the street. i like the evo because it can be made into a 11 sec. car that can handle great in rain and snow as well as on dry streets.(whitch you cant say about a supra or a 300z) oh and you ever hear about the 450+whp evos that rank at the top in time attacks?? im pretty sure theyd tear up a drag strip even though the last thing they are is drag cars.

any way, to the people who helped me out thanks i appreciate it.
Street racing is illegal. If you're not going to take it to the track, how will you know how fast you go officially?

I have seen 500 whp evo doing auto-x and time attack on road courses. they don't handle that well.

I think you should read some of the pros and cons of having a daily driven 11sec evo.

I still don't understand when you say it wont be a drag car, wont see drag strip but want to be a street racer with suspension work that runs 11 sec.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tureno-AE86
this car is not build for 1/4 mile drag

if you want to drag get a srt4 it's cheap its good for "straight" line
Screw that...if you just wanna go fast in a straight line, you can get an old Fox Body Mustang for around $5K and throw a Vortech on it...easy 11s...
Old Jan 6, 2005, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tureno-AE86
this car is not build for 1/4 mile drag

if you want to drag get a srt4 it's cheap its good for "straight" line

It's still a FWD u r gonna have some traction prob.