Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

MIVEC Turboed Lancer?!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2005, 12:34 PM
choad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was intrigued because if it had all wheel drive, etc. It could feasably be an EVO 9
(if they adopted the same bodystyle..)

I like it!

Old Jan 7, 2005, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Hmmm...$27,995 Canadian = $22,724.17 US

Neat car...hope the engine holds up under boost...
Old Jan 7, 2005, 05:05 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by plokivos

I think he puts some time and effort in it, but it's sorta shady still. I didn't think the mivtec had that serious of a internals.
The TurboTech Ralliart is running upgraded internals (forged pistons and rods). The RRM Ralliart is running stock internals (they figure they're reliable up to around 15 psi)
Old Jan 7, 2005, 06:43 PM
choad

After looking at the new Ralliart shots..cars that have and don't have"Evo" mods being unimportant..

It is really smooth and rounded out. GREAT styling.

It really should be the styling of the new EVO 9 IMO.

Seriously, just study it and you will see how "evolved" it looks..it doesn't try to hard. Somebody photochop some EVO 8 fender flares and you will see what I mean..

I like it a lot! I wish the Evo looked more like it!!
Old Jan 7, 2005, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

I give him props for clean work, but wouldn't it be torque steer city??

I don't see an LSD in the mix...
Old Jan 8, 2005, 01:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by otter
Mmm, crack.

The Canadians aren't happy about not getting the Evo for another year (the IX is going there, isn't it?), but they'll be the ones who drive the aftermarket for the Ralliart, which will be great for the US folks, where the RA isn't so popular.

There's even a Ralliart rally car that's racing up in Canada which will soon have its turbo. There are some pics around here somewhere.

The TurboTech Ralliart down in PR is friggin' SWEET!! 508hp at the wheels. I hear he's having some serious traction issues, even with a LSD.
In Canada, I believe there is some government or insurance problem with cars that have FMIC! Therefore, the STI with the TMIC is fine, but the Evo with FMIC is not. Therefore, Canada will not likely see the Evo...ever if it continues with the FMIC. That's the story alledgedly.

Now as far as Rally Cars...There's no injunction on vehicles specifically for racing purposes, you just can't drive them on the street. Imagine my shock and awe last winter when I was driving down a snowy street when a big flatbed goes through the intersection and parked on it were Canadian owned Evo IV and V's in full rally gear and deco driving to a rally stage.