Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

clutchlife/cost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2005, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clutchlife/cost

around how much does it cost if I go through mitsu and get a stock clutchplate, throwout bearing and get my flywheel resurfaced? has anyone done this if so how much did you pay? also what is the life of the ACT street and clutchmasters stage 1 clutches? do they last longer than stock (i know they hold more torque and hp but dont know how long they last..i have gotten 15k out of my stocker so far its prolly got a couple more k out of it) also what about brake pads and life compared to the brembos..i was looking at the project mu brake pads, better grip but how does the longevity compare?
Old Jan 6, 2005, 08:26 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow. easy.

you have to search for all those. All your answers are in this forum.

I have act, they're awesome. I heard it lasts a while. I have project mu b-force which is a bit different than ns, but they're good, its lasting a lot longer and brakes better.

my stock clutch lasted 30,000 miles.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

ok i've searched for 20 minutes I cant find most of this stuff..i'm mostly concerned with the price of stock clutch stuff installed and then the life of those aftermarket clutches and brake pads..please anybody help me..25 people have looked at this only 1 responded
Old Jan 7, 2005, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

bump..please some help needed
Old Jan 7, 2005, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd like to know the exact same thing.
Old Jan 7, 2005, 11:16 AM

evo clutch and pads

Clutch installations costs vary widely by location and how (un)cool your dealer is...call your dealer and ask.

My personal favorite brakes are Hawk, blue for track and black for street. They will eat your rotors faster than stock, but its worth it in my opinion.
Old Jan 7, 2005, 12:45 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
last I got the estimate, they range from $1200 (installation and parts) from my personal favorate, $1300 just for install. lol

Stock clutch is fairely cheap compare to some aftermarket ones (clutch and disc).
Old Jan 7, 2005, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

look here
Old Jan 7, 2005, 07:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by redevo8driver
around how much does it cost if I go through mitsu and get a stock clutchplate, throwout bearing and get my flywheel resurfaced? has anyone done this if so how much did you pay? also what is the life of the ACT street and clutchmasters stage 1 clutches? do they last longer than stock (i know they hold more torque and hp but dont know how long they last..i have gotten 15k out of my stocker so far its prolly got a couple more k out of it) also what about brake pads and life compared to the brembos..i was looking at the project mu brake pads, better grip but how does the longevity compare?
Ours is expected to live longer than stock because we not only use better disc materials but we broaden the working range of the pressure plate by using our stronger diaphragm. The trade off of couse is the slightly stiffer pedal.
Old Jan 7, 2005, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

The stock parts are expensive just call your local dealer's parts departnment. The stock flywheel is $318. It is not a cheap low grade clutch. To me, its clamping force just feels a little marginal for the car and it seems to give some owners trouble. I changed mine out at 11k even though it had plenty of disk life left and wasn't slipping because I got the labor for free from my dearler since I was getting my 5th gear syncro updated and the tranny was already out.

Neither my Eclipse gt or the stock Evo clutch felt right but theThe Act street set locks up perfectly. My wife said "Yes this is much better, I guess it was worth it."

Now Dirk, if a 5'7" old man with skinny legs like me can handle your clutch anyone can (I can just barely tell the difference in effort).
Old Jan 7, 2005, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

lol thank you...finallllly some input..I appreciate your help..I will probably be purchasing the ACT street clutch in may if I keep my car thanks again