Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Custom Dyno Reflash On Weak Evo???

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2005, 04:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Custom Dyno Reflash On Weak Evo???

It seems that tons of people are making well over 300 whp on my mods on dyno reflashing. I never dyno'd my car when it was stock but I think I have one of those weak evos. I jsut wanted to see what people think about my setup and numbers. it seems that some people have made stock or close to it with all of the mods I came in with. I dont have any boost leaks, the car holds 21 psi rock solid, runs awesome. I have a CEL from my exhaust and thats it as far as I know. I also raced my friends evo and lost to him the night after i got my reflash. he has turboback (no cat) intake pipe and filter, perrin fmic, rmr piping, fuel pump, injectors, safc2, boost controller. he beat me by about 2 cars. his car is a 2003, mine is a 2005

I have turboback exhaust (no cat), apexi intake, ebc set to 21 psi, walbro 255 fuel pump, JDM MR bov. I went in making 257.99 whp and 266 wtq. I left with 288.67 whp and 286 wtq.

I hoped for 300 whp or more but I guess 30 whp is good right? I know 30whp gain is great, i'm not complaining of the service I guess, its just that i'm thinkin I have a weak evo.

pleas tell me what you think, do I need piping maybe??? is my car just a weak evo??? 288 whp just seems low to me with my mods, thats like 310, maybe 315 whp if I get cams and another flash. people make that without cams. thanks in advance for any advice or ideas
Old Jan 7, 2005, 05:54 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Steve, maybe you had a not so good tank of gas. With your mods you should have been very close to 300whp if not a little over. You may want to give AL a shot with his Dynoflash. He has tuned over 1000 Evos, noone comes even close to that number. You may also wait till you get a set of cams, that will put you at over 330who for sure. Good luck man and dont worry.

Gil-superz
Old Jan 8, 2005, 10:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by superz
Steve, maybe you had a not so good tank of gas. With your mods you should have been very close to 300whp if not a little over. You may want to give AL a shot with his Dynoflash. He has tuned over 1000 Evos, noone comes even close to that number. You may also wait till you get a set of cams, that will put you at over 330who for sure. Good luck man and dont worry.

Gil-superz
i'm just worried i'm only gonna get like 310 whp with cams then i'll be real pissed. maybe i'll give him a shot next time at it.
Old Jan 8, 2005, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I recall correctly the walbro 255 fuel pump will make you loose a little power without proper A/F tuning. I didn't see in your post that you are doing anything like SAFC, etc. Some type of A/F and timing tuning will make a bug difference.

If you did have a weak one from the factory, a tune by dynoflash or any of the other tuners would go a LONG way to correcting that issue.

Good Luck.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 10:56 AM
Former Sponsor

yea i have a fuel pump but after the flash I thought i'd be good