Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help Someone Must be Capable!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2005, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Help Someone Must be Capable!!!

Can you PLEEEASE take a few measurements for me...I have an Evo4 Factory suspension that i'm tring to replace...i live in the US so getting a kit for an Evo4 is going to be a bit overpricey...the suspensions are seemingly similar and identical except for a few features...The Mounting is all the same...Upper and Lower, Front and Rear, but the Evo4 has Std. dampeners Vs. the Inverted Dampeners seen on the Evo5-8... the other difference between the Evo4-6 and the Evo7-8 is the Rear dampener is shorter inheight than the rear found on the Evo4-6 i believe the front remained the same...can someone please take a measurement of the Overall Height of the Rear Suspension Bottom Mount Hole to the Top of the Matting surface to the chassis of the Pillowmounts, and could get the same measurement for the Front suspension...and one other measurement for the front Between the 2 lower bolt holes (top to bottom) on the Lower Mount...someone please !! thanks in advance...

-Adam
Old Jan 8, 2005, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll do it for you on Sunday but it will cost you. I need a measurement of your front caliper mounts. I believe you have two piston calipers. Also disc size.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

i can take that meaurement for you...but i can allready tell you that they are a direct bolt up to an evo if thats what u were wondering...i think it was turbo trix who used them up frotn to acomidate some smaller wheels...the rotor size is 276mm...

-Adam
Old Jan 9, 2005, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

bump!
Old Jan 11, 2005, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Adam,
I totally spaced on this. Sorry.

Front 17 3/16in. from top to center of top mounting bolt. Center to center mounting bolts are 2.750in.
Rear 22 3/16in

These were taken with the wheels off, maximum extension. If you need a measurement with the shocks weighted let me know.

If you could measure, I'd aprreciate it.

Last edited by tahoeacr; Jan 11, 2005 at 12:19 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

i actually got ahold of a set of suspension yesterday...turns out the evo8 stuff will work perfectly....anyway i also measured what you were looking for just as a third check...its exactly the same as the Evo8 are you looking for smaller calipers for your evo ? if u need the exact measurement i belive it was 2 3/4 center of hole to the other center

-Adam
Old Jan 12, 2005, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

The Brembo mounts in the front are like 6 1/4 in appr. I found that the 6's calipers have a bracket to go from the hub to the caliper. I'm trying to go smaller for snow tires. There's a sight across the pond that's good for parts. Especially the 3's thru 7's. Alot of take off stuff for Rally cars. Glad you got your shocks to fit.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

oh whoa i got the wrong measurement for you....ok its not 2 3/4 but that mount is identicle to the Brembo's as it mounts exactly the same on the evo 4 knuckle as the evo8...i think it probably is the same knuckle although i've been told otherwise...anyway...where is this place u know of that has Evo3-7 parts? could u give me a number or something i'd like to get in touch with them...

-Adam