Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

GOT IT! Finally! 2005 EVO Viii [Electric Blue]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2005, 11:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
give us pics! you're giving us the wrapping without the present!!
Old Jan 9, 2005, 12:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tureno-AE86
well the dude just got the car i'm sure he will love it but i dont think he'll love it enuf to XXXXX so lets leave out the unlucky word and let him enjoy the car
hey no harm was meant by that but if you're superstitious and stuff then I guess we don't wanna jinx him eh...
Old Jan 9, 2005, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
congrats! welcome to the Eblue club w/ ssl!!! where are u at? how much didi u get it for? pics!!!
Old Jan 9, 2005, 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

congrats, u will enjoy your evo. The weird feeling turning hard at low speed is probably normal. I don't know how loud the sound is that your hearing, but its common physics with an AWD car to do that since your going so slow and for instance if your turned all the way right, your right rear tire is almost sittting still, but it has to spin the same as the other wheels. My evo does the same thing like when i'm doing a uturn or something, it almost feels like the rear of the car moves up and down and makes a little noise, its just the tire with the most load on it trying to spin as fast as the others. As long as it doesnt do it at high speed, I wouldn't worry about it. Chances of the dealer dropping your tranny under warranty for some noise is rare. Since the day I bought my car my throwout bearing has been noisy. I talked to the dealer and they told me to just wait till i burn out my factory clutch to replace it lol.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats! I want pictures!
Old Jan 9, 2005, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks everyone. I got it at Manfredi Mitsubishi in Staten Island, NY. Guys there were awesome. He told me not to tell anyone what I got it for? I dunno why but Ill say it was just $500 over invoice.

Here is a crappy pic
Attached Thumbnails GOT IT! Finally!  2005 EVO Viii [Electric Blue]-hpim0237a.jpg  

Last edited by Soon2BEVO; Jan 9, 2005 at 09:49 AM.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

well done young Jedi! the electric blue (for those who haven't seen it in person yet) has a purple hue in it, but it is different from the JDM evo 8 that comes in Medium Purpish Grey Mica.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

Congrats man. Welcome to the club.

Wow the guy who posted above me has not one but two Evos! Yes, they're that good. I know.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

^^^ one of them i think just caught on fire, so i think that he is down to one now, and by the way congrats on the new car, electric blue is a hot color.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

got mine for invoice, 500 above is still a good deal
Old Jan 9, 2005, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

****...Nice car man. How do you guys go about getting such a good deal. My question is reffering to Shimla and you. Please, let me know either by pm or here. Thanks.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Nasty evo: i had a scratch paper with quotation from another dealer whom i talked to over the phone who is willing to give me @ invoice a WW evo- i originally wanted BBY (haven't seen EBlue yet too), went to a nearby dealership just to look at the WW since i haven't seen it yet- they also had an EBlue there- needless to say i loved the new blue more than the WW, told the sales guy i already am talking to someone over the phone and handed him the scratch paper w/quote and even the interest rate- he then went back and matched the price plus a point better interest rate.so i took it...........i guez u can research the price and make fake scratch paper and do the same.....good luck
Old Jan 9, 2005, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Hahah. That's awesome man. Thanks for the information.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

alot of dealers claim that their evos are "showpieces to seel other models" but that's BS. any car on the lot can be sold & it's just a matter of they will let it go for. your best bet is to slam them at the end of the month. i picked up both evos under invoice from 2 different dealers. if they want to make a sale they'll do it. it's a volume thing. also not all mitsu dealers get evos. there has to be a market so the cars aren't collecting dust.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

ur right housedj....come to think of it, i might have gotten a better deal if i didn't get caught up in the emotion of finally getting my dream car, i cld've gotten the package @ invoice too or better.....but when ur right there in the dealership and are within arms length of getting ur hands on one, it's hard for some of us mortals....too bad we're not like u

Quick Reply: GOT IT! Finally! 2005 EVO Viii [Electric Blue]