Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New Evo on the Block!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2005, 01:25 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I the only one wondering where Dubai is?
Old Jan 9, 2005, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts
dsm... Come on, I've been to Orlando so why shouldnt you visit this place? It's wonderland, I'm really surprised you havent heard of Dubai.. Here's a brief:

Dubai is in the United Arab Emirates just next to Saudi Arabia on the Gulf sea.. Though not the capital city, it is the most fllourishing and has grown to be amongst the most mondaine city in the world.. The projects, mainly for toursim (malls, hotels, mega towers, parks, investments' projects) have become numerous and phenomenal.. Each hotel, each building is a monumnet on its own offeing themes of all over the world.. You can find the only amazing shaped 7star hotel, Burj el Arab, in the world.. The palm projects and 'the world' projects are man-made series of islands in the shape of palms and the world map (can be seen by sattelite).. Ongoing now is the tallest building (about 650m) and 'the most luxurious' square kilometer in the world! The bellview building is the tallest residential only in the world.. Ongoing also is the only fully underwater hotel with 250rooms! As for the Rotana Chain of hotels, they are now building the tallest suite hotel....well: in the world! Hey.. how about the only 400m covered snow ski slope in the desert area!! And guess what: it is going to be in the largest mall ..well, in the world too!! Sahara tours are a thrill and you can even spend a whole night, food and belly dancers, shisha (turkish flavored thingie you smoke)... For those of you guys interested in night life (and what goes along!), well I cant comment further.. Dubai is the place for a week full of magic delights!!

Well, that's as much as i can think.. For any interest people wanting to visit, i'll be delighted to help out! (by the way I am a Lebanese resident here..)

Back to the evo mods.. Well, when my pocket allows, i will go for turbo timer, guagues, and maybe start basic tuning.. I use the car for everyday work and i dont want it to be a pain after a long day drive.. The power surge right now is really great!

Cheers!

Wael
Old Jan 9, 2005, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.emirates-holidays.com/reg...ations/me/UAE/

Take a browse thru the accomodation bar..
Otherwise just search on yahoo and i bet you'll want to move here! er... of course with ur evo!!

wael
Old Jan 9, 2005, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about some interior pics? I'd like to see how the conversion came out, dash, window switches, etc. Good luck and enjoy the car!
Old Jan 10, 2005, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

The car is over at the garage for a clutch change.. Got the ralliart three point disc and plate, i had to get it used coz i couldnt find a new set here, the dealers dont even have the stock one, exidy are out of stock and no way but this used one for now... damn the car is all disassembled now i'm so scared.. i wonder how it'll drive.. also noticed the thickness of the material on the disc is pretty thin, is this normal for a three point clucth disc?!!

Wael