Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mod friendly dealers in Philly area

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2005, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mod friendly dealers in Philly area

First off, I have been xperiencing te infamou 4th gear grind and now my Transfer Case decided to ake a **** on me. I bought the car used but I baby the hell out of it. It has only 16 housand miles on it. I called Perruizzi an they said that the only tech that works on transmisions is on vacation. So I dont have an appointment for a month from now. I know the tech there and he is realy cool. I cant wait a month though.

BTW, my transfer case is busted and my car is under warrenty, even bought an extended. I put a new filter, Turbo back exhaust, MBC, turbotimer, Turbotrix custom flash, and Hotchkins springs. I took off everything except the springs, filter, an the reflash.

The service writer looked at my car through the window, first thing he says to me is, is that car lowered? I say yeah I put lowering springs on it. He says "oh well that might affect the warrenty on the transfer case". I looked him right in he eye and said, for springs? I dont think so. Now what can you do for me about a rental car? He says the car is driveable, so no rental. What a dick! The car wines so bad and now its starting to smell.

I as wondering if anybody knows of any good, friendly dealers around the philadelphia area or even Jersey that wont Void my entire warrenty for a fiter and sprngs? Pleas need help guys.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 03:14 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
They let you drive with a busted t-case?
Old Jan 10, 2005, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah the service writer says, "you drove it here so its driveable, so Im pretty much screwed.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah the service writer says, "you drove it here so its driveable, so Im pretty much screwed.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mayhew333
Did he put that in writing for you? Is he going to back you up when the case locks up causing the car to swap ends resulting in a serious accident that wipes out a family of furry kittens in a minivan?