Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Why I hate mitsubishi dealer service.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2005, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UFO
How do you know it was the original crush washer? They all look the same to me.

Last time I was at the stealership I had to walk into the service garage and tell one of the service guys to remove his coffee from the hood of my car. I was pretty pissed about that.
The crush washer that I took off still had black paint on it from when they painted the oil pan at the factory. I doubt mitsu is that nice as to repaint the pan for me while it's in service to hide the new copper one. Trust me it was not new. Also, I know the oil will have a little black tint when changed but I doubt it is supposed to look like they poured guniess down my oil fill.

Last edited by JohnnyPaycheck; Jan 11, 2005 at 07:51 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was just at the dealership today getting my oil change because they offer free labor maintenance under 7,000 miles. Gay but better than nothing. First off I wanted to have them install a pair of air horns I bought. Six service guys came and looked at the car to see if it would fit in the stock location. One guy said just pry the top of the bumper with the clips and reach your hand in there. I said no way, you need to remove the whole bumper to access the horn. Did not listen and still stuck his dumba$$ hands inside and said the gaps to small to install it Then I asked if any of them have taken the bumper off before and they all said nope. Beautiful, just lovely! I told them forget it and ill take it to another shop where my friend worked on a Evo 8 before and did the entire engine build. So im stuck with this one mechanic thats suppose to change my oil and guess what. He drains the oil out and in like 2 minutes I notice he starts putting the new oil in already. I swear it takes longer than that because it take awhile for all the oil to drip out completely. He end up putting 5 quarts in and when we checked the dipstick its above the upper arrow which I think its too much. He told me its ok but I remember last time its was 4 or 4 1/2 quarts of oil. When everything is done he runs to the parts counter to enter some info and he comes back saying he installed the wrong filter...WTF?!?!? So I told him just unscrew the filter and put it on right away. I actaully was quite happy because I wanted some oil to leak out since I know there was too much oil inside. After thats done we started the engine and checked the dipstick and its right in the middle of the 2 arrows so its better. Wont be going there again unless I have to which I hope I dont. By the time my next oil change comes up the free labor crap would of expired anyways. BTW this dealer is in Taiwan. I cant really blame them because this is the first time ever imported sixty Evo 8 into this country. They dont have the experience since you barely even see one in the streets but then again why do they even let such no experience fools work on my car. Not like I care because I am moding my car but now my engine warranty is voided because I didnt use their own oil purchased from 18 bucks a quart for Mobil 1, no thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2005, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

mitsu isn't the only company with sh!tty dealers. i'm on honda-tech.com for my integra stuff and plenty of ppl have complaints about acura mechs messing up their shizzle. on a side note. i had curb damage on my evo (i know i know ) and took it to a body shop which was part of a huge lincoln/mercury dealer (it was a service contractor with state farm ins.) intercooler was crushed on the buttom and so was the sprayer hose bracket. i was amazed when the body shop manager actually told me "...and the intercooler sprayer hose needs to be swapped too". i mean it's a LINCOLN dealer and how many cars they worked on even have intercooler at least! they also did alignment on driver front wheel, however 5 weeks later the alignment on the same wheel got outta whack when i drove to brooklyn on bumpy *** belt parkway. so they realigned it for free since i pointed out that the bolts might've been torqued too loose, since the other wheels were fine. (btw, the shop did a great job overall on the front after the accident)
moral of the story: everything should be judged on individual basis, i hope mitsu dealer won't f0ck up when i take it in for the free maintenance coverage.
good luck to all
Old Jan 11, 2005, 04:39 PM

I've had nothing but good things to say about my dealership (Swope Mitsubishi in Radcliff, KY). The service guys are great. Every time I stop in they say hello and are happy to talk to me. Ive been working with them for about 2+ years now on my Eclipse before and now on the EVO. It goes in for it's 15k service next month and my driver's side seat belt is sticking and my front left caliper has a few chips on it. They said no problem they'll replace it.

Only bad thing is I'm in the military and will have to leave here eventually. Hopefully my next dealer will be as good as Swope. Theve set the bar pretty high as far as service goes.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

I dont think I will go back to dealership anymore, well at least the one I bought my evo. If anything breaks on my car, i.e clutch, im just going to bring it to a mechanic.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

Talking

I avoid my stearlership at all costs. They sold me a broken into evo as new, so I made them ship one from Maryland to Ohio (LOOOOONG Story). They wouldn't fix the rattle in the front left A pillar, and said that they could not reproduce the sound themselves, so no fixing. One of the managers came out and said that the next time I needed work done, it would not be under warrenty due to my mods. This summer I am putting some seriuos HP on this *^&%$, so they can keep their warrenty
Old Jan 11, 2005, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

Man I miss living in KY. Everything is so nice and laid back and the Mitsu dealership where I grew up was always really friendly. *sigh* 2 more years of the military and I'm back to good ole KY

Staton
Old Jan 11, 2005, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

mitsubishi sucks
Old Jan 24, 2005, 05:44 AM

Lately, I've been lurkin this forum because I am thinking of possibly getting an Evo but the main concern for me is the reliability and the way the dealerships are honoring the warranty. When I get an EVO I plan on very lightly modding it so that if anything goes wrong Mitsu should be able to fix it without giving me grief. Lately, after reading and researching the car I've realized that Mitsu has been giving people a hard time with warranty work stating that it was abuse.

What if I bought the EVO and after 10k miles the tranny gives out and Mitsu says I abused the car. Then I'm @#$%&!

- John
Old Jan 24, 2005, 05:58 AM
Evolving Member

I've had only good experiences with my dealer.

Darcar's Mitsubishi in Silver Spring is a top notch dealer.

Their committment to customer satisfaction is noteworthy!
Old Jan 24, 2005, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

Probably the most important thing to keep in mind is that because you had a bad experience at a dealership DOES NOT make all Mitsu dealers bad. That is as bad as saying that Mcdonalds gave BBQ sauce instead of honey mustard and because of that all Mcd's employees are incompetent. Extremely broad generalization. Not fair to those of us who do a good job.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 08:19 AM

I guess the best thing for me IF I do get an EVO is to research my local dealerships. I should go to the local meets in my area. Is my Subaru WRX welcome?

- JOhn
Old Jan 24, 2005, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

I dunno John. We'll have to see

Btw this is Al.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 08:25 AM

0h No3s!!!11!!!!! I've been spotted!
Old Jan 24, 2005, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

two things that i factored into my purchase when i decided to buy my evo: weak clutch and poor service from dealers. these two negatives seemed small to me in the overall picture. i mean, how often do you get a chance to own something that has exotic car performance for 30 grand? hope things work out for you guys, in the meantime, enjoy the evo!

Quick Reply: Why I hate mitsubishi dealer service.