Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Why I hate mitsubishi dealer service.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2005, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a very competent service writer when I bought my first three Mitsu's. He left and things deteriorated. I had to go to the dealer's GM to get the attention and respnse due me under my contract. From that time on I have had great service.

I have had three electrical problems ("00" Diamonte), three trans teardowns (two on my 3g GT, one on the Evo), one clutch replacement, several minor recall procedures, two body jobs and few oil service visits over four years. The largest dealer service SNAFU was on my Eclipse when the tech dropped the trans and cracked the case. The dealer lent me a brand new Caddie (this was a rental car at no charge to me) for a month and a half while repairs were made. The clutch replacement on my Evo was done while the trans was out for the 5th gear syncro TSB. I had an ACT/Fidanza combo installed at no labor.

I do not let the dealer work on my Evo unless it is for warrany work. There were two techs sent to school for Evos and neither one impressed me when I discussed the car with them. I used to be a service manager.

These are my experiences ovet the last 4 years. My conclusinons are that $ for $ Mistu's are well engineered but that build quality is not comparable with most other comparable makes. This being said, it is certainly true that no dealer can put quality in where there was none to begin with. Even taking this into consideration, it is still too bad that so many dealers take the easy way out by blowing off legitimate warranty service claims.