Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Why I hate mitsubishi dealer service.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2005, 06:29 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Why I hate mitsubishi dealer service.

Ok, This is the reason why I hate mitsubishi.

Most of the dealers are so small and don't really care or wont afford the neccessary hands on training for the mechanics to do the proper work on evo's.

theres no real master mechanics around my area and the ones I've talk to are clueless. Really most of the members who's worked on their car knows better than some of these half slack hack job of a mechanics.

Anyway, Once they mess up on the installation or fixing of your car (put back wrong, missing a bolt, etc) you have no way of really checking what's going on.

Until something breaks down along the road or something like that.

Then you know everything was fine before the dealer did service on your car, so you go see the dealer and they void warranty on the premises of "abuse" or something in that line, although it's their fault that it's not working.

So in order for you to prove that they messed it up, you pay someone else to see it and make a dianosis of the situation. Then talk to the service manager, then the service manager talks to the district manager and so on.

Everytime this happens you're loosing out on time at work, boss is thinking what's going on with you, loosing money.

And on top of all this, if your car doesn't run, you have to pay for rental car, because mitsubishi doesn't give a damn how you make a living or get around.

They'll fix whatever comes first that pays money then work on your warranty issues.

That's a lot of money and time spent on something that you paid a good money for that the dealer f ucked up.

Like if your whole car squeeks so bad, but you're afraid to goto the dealer to get it fixed because god knows they'll blow up the t-case or the engine while they're fixing that little thing.

Or in my case, I go for a dealer reflash and come home with a broken foam on my side bolster of the Driver side recaro.

What do they say? It's owner wear and tear item.

BS. I hate them so much. Everyone at the dealerships like some retarded lawyer on their own rights.

Old Jan 10, 2005, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that's y i will never buy a mitsubishi car .NO MORE
Old Jan 10, 2005, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

man I feel your pain
Old Jan 10, 2005, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

I was at my nearest stealership today (about 45 minutes away in light traffic) and there was a guy with a white Evo who'd been in a front end over 6 months ago. He had it towed to his dealership for repair and they couldn't install the turbo correctly. He took it to this place and they apparently coudn't do it either- but they knew enough that it was going to take a complete tear down of the turbo system to find a physical leak from a cracked pipe or intercooler. Or maybe they just wouldn't do it. So this guy's taking it to yet another place and the second dealership is instructing the 3rd place on how to go about finding the problem and repair it.

This guy's insurance payout to mitsu so far: $18K and climbing
He paid $32K for the car (well, he's making payments)
Knowing never to buy a Sh1tsubishi again because their service sucks and *I* know more about the car than they do: priceless (sorry, had to).

Heads up their asses.... heads up their asses.

The guy said he checks these boards once in a while, so maybe he'll see this and be able to tell the whole story, this is just what I overheard today.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 08:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats da problem with any non luxury car company they dont give a **** bout da little things that concerns us like squeeks and rattles and some other annoying **** thats
associated with mass produced pieces of crap that they sell.....
Old Jan 10, 2005, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

dont complain so much it gets old
enjoy the car if you dont like it sale the car and buy a honda i'm sure their service will SATISFY you without a doubt
Old Jan 10, 2005, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Talking

Originally Posted by plokivos
Ok, This is the reason why I hate mitsubishi.

Most of the dealers are so small and don't really care or wont afford the neccessary hands on training for the mechanics to do the proper work on evo's.

theres no real master mechanics around my area and the ones I've talk to are clueless. Really most of the members who's worked on their car knows better than some of these half slack hack job of a mechanics.

Anyway, Once they mess up on the installation or fixing of your car (put back wrong, missing a bolt, etc) you have no way of really checking what's going on.

Until something breaks down along the road or something like that.

Then you know everything was fine before the dealer did service on your car, so you go see the dealer and they void warranty on the premises of "abuse" or something in that line, although it's their fault that it's not working.

So in order for you to prove that they messed it up, you pay someone else to see it and make a dianosis of the situation. Then talk to the service manager, then the service manager talks to the district manager and so on.

Everytime this happens you're loosing out on time at work, boss is thinking what's going on with you, loosing money.

And on top of all this, if your car doesn't run, you have to pay for rental car, because mitsubishi doesn't give a damn how you make a living or get around.

They'll fix whatever comes first that pays money then work on your warranty issues.

That's a lot of money and time spent on something that you paid a good money for that the dealer f ucked up.

Like if your whole car squeeks so bad, but you're afraid to goto the dealer to get it fixed because god knows they'll blow up the t-case or the engine while they're fixing that little thing.

Or in my case, I go for a dealer reflash and come home with a broken foam on my side bolster of the Driver side recaro.

What do they say? It's owner wear and tear item.

BS. I hate them so much. Everyone at the dealerships like some retarded lawyer on their own rights.

I guess that is a sufficent reason
Old Jan 10, 2005, 08:27 PM

W3RD. Ive never met a dealer that ive liked
Old Jan 10, 2005, 08:28 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Tureno-AE86
dont complain so much it gets old
enjoy the car if you dont like it sale the car and buy a honda i'm sure their service will SATISFY you without a doubt
BS. I had 2 preludes, the service for that car was so far superior than mitsubishi.

They actually knew how to work on the car, friendly and courteous. they'll offer a ride or rent you a rental.

So, don't say to buy a honda, i already did and I sometime wonder why I didn't buy a S2000.

My sisters got a honda accord as well.

Then again, honda would never break or have issues that big or warranty issues that can't be resolves.

From 97 to 2002 that I had my prelude, I've never had any sort of warranty work on both of my preludes.

They're built solid.

My sister accord had some problem and they fixed it for her.

My mother owns a BMW and their service is just about the best service I've seen next to BEnz.

15,000 mile oil change? are you kidding me + all BMW gets a free maintenance service for 4 years, plus another Beamer of your choice for rental for free.

Last edited by plokivos; Jan 10, 2005 at 08:31 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

I guess I'm pretty lucky when it comes to service. The dealership I purchased my car from is actually a group of 4 separate lots and service departments. Luckily for me, Mitsubishi is in the same lot as Porsche, Mercedes, Audi, and VW. They take very good care of me and all the other customers and know what they're doing when it comes to fixing things. Unfortunately, this great service costs a fortune, so I don't use it all that often.

-Paul
Old Jan 10, 2005, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

There have been some issues with my evo that have popped up lately as well. The whole side fabric of the driver's seat has come undone and is just hanging there, and the controls for the heat and air need to be arm wrestled in order to get them to budge.

But I am real hesitant(sp) to take it in because I dont trust these sob's at all. The reason is, when I took it in for the first oil change, I am 98% sure they didnt change the oil at all. The oil was jet black before I even restarted the car, and when I changed the oil myself the next time, I found that the orginal crushwasher was still on the car. When I said something to them, they denied it of course, so now it's kinda of a weird situation because they remember me. (only a few evo's at my dealership) So I am trying to stay away from that place if at all possible, especially since I have started to mod the car some.

Last edited by JohnnyPaycheck; Jan 10, 2005 at 09:00 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2005, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

before the evo came to US...NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT BUYING A MITSUBISHI
Old Jan 10, 2005, 09:10 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by onet0nsoup
before the evo came to US...NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT BUYING A MITSUBISHI
word~ me too.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyPaycheck
and the controls for the heat and air need to be arm wrestled in order to get them to budge.
I'm having this same problem anyone else? And any recommendations on how to fix it?

Thanks
Staton
Old Jan 11, 2005, 07:02 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JohnnyPaycheck
The oil was jet black before I even restarted the car, and when I changed the oil myself the next time, I found that the orginal crushwasher was still on the car. When I said something to them, they denied it of course, so now it's kinda of a weird situation because they remember me.
How do you know it was the original crush washer? They all look the same to me.

Last time I was at the stealership I had to walk into the service garage and tell one of the service guys to remove his coffee from the hood of my car. I was pretty pissed about that.

Quick Reply: Why I hate mitsubishi dealer service.