Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Forbes chooses sti over EVO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2005, 07:21 PM
choad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as the magazines, isn't Mr. Forbes that dupy looking guy that got thoroughly abused in the primaries when he tried to run for president in '00?
Well, sadly the "dupy" looking Mr. Forbes is no longer with us...

Really? I see them, but no one cares and their posts dissapear, you post one thing here and it gets 6 pages of excuses in 1 day.
Actually, their not excuses their just defending the car and stating their own opinions. nasti, If you start a thread about how 'The STi was chosen" over the EVO, you are bound to get a rise out of us Evo purists. Is that a problem for you? See the door....right over there? Yeah...and.....Gabye.

For me, I'm a car freak. I like them both. And ironically, so does EVERY car mag from Good Housekeeping all the way to Wired..They think they are rightous cars...and they BOTH are.

But don't you recall the comparisons to the "Ponycar" wars of yester years? This "back and forth" on the boards is very similar to the discussions that were prolly had at car events years ago..."Mine is better because..."or "yours sucks because.."

It is the basic nature of competition and one upmanship....and to talk of the "other" cars like the Mustangs and what not and what they say...Who cares. The "New" breed of ponycar is the one that you and I drive..

The Evo VS STi

Old Jan 11, 2005, 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by M3lachsilber
Well, sadly the "dupy" looking Mr. Forbes is no longer with us...

Actually, their not excuses their just defending the car and stating their own opinions. nasti, If you start a thread about how 'The STi was chosen" over the EVO, you are bound to get a rise out of us Evo purists. Is that a problem for you? See the door....right over there? Yeah...and.....Gabye.

For me, I'm a car freak. I like them both. And ironically, so does EVERY car mag from Good Housekeeping all the way to Wired..They think they are rightous cars...and they BOTH are.

But don't you recall the comparisons to the "Ponycar" wars of yester years? This "back and forth" on the boards is very similar to the discussions that were prolly had at car events years ago..."Mine is better because..."or "yours sucks because.."

It is the basic nature of competition and one upmanship....and to talk of the "other" cars like the Mustangs and what not and what they say...Who cares. The "New" breed of ponycar is the one that you and I drive..

The Evo VS STi

Nicely Said! Little drunk
Old Jan 11, 2005, 11:43 PM
Account Disabled

Forbes, as we all know, is the leading automobile/car tuner magazine of our generation.

Did you guys read their latest camshaft tech article ?

STFU Forbes. Stick to Wall Street - Its where you guys shine.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by M3lachsilber

The Evo VS STi
You hit the nail on the head, well said! Both are fantastic cars and we should all be thankful that we have the opportunity to own one or the other.

Cheers,
-AndyH
Old Jan 12, 2005, 06:42 AM
choad

Forbes, as we all know, is the leading automobile/car tuner magazine of our generation. Did you guys read their latest camshaft tech article ?
No but I caught their article on The Most Expensive Things 2004

And who the hell is Forbes when it comes to auto reviews?? Oh, just a bunch of old ladies testing toasters like at Consumer Reports:

Forbes Mag Notables:

67% are top management.
45% are chief officers of their company.
41% are members of boards of directors.
79% are responsible for technology purchase decisions.
Average personal income is $214,000.
Average net worth is $2,059,000.
Rate Base: 900,000 (Audience 4,445,500)

2001 Open Rate: $89,424 (full page/4-color bleed)

Forbes is the premier big business magazine in the world. When it comes to reader affinity, affluent/power demographics and world-class editorial, Forbes is clearly second to none. Unlike the competition, Forbes is still growing. Its circulation has increased by 50,000 in the last year alone.

Forbes readers are the leading decision-makers at the largest firms in the U.S. Readers rely on Forbes for timely, high-quality, hard-hitting news and analysis on the state of today's economy, business opportunities and for guidance in running their businesses. In fact, readers spend an average of 1hr. 48 minutes with each issue.

Independent documentation by the Wall Street Journal indicates that favorable mention in Forbes has sent companies stock prices soaring.

Just a bunch of dupey dupes, eh?
Old Aug 20, 2006, 05:15 PM

The evo is much more easier to crank hp out of, handels better and has better 0 - 60 times. Im one of those evo owners that was a honda guy originally. My experience with the evo has been problem after problem. Every week I hear a new noise, or im fixing something or something myself. The dealership wont even touch my car. i had to settle with corperate after a blown motor. I mean this car is amazing, and probabkly one of the most fun cars I have ever driven. But it is a car which you wud be better off having some mechanical knowledge under your belt. The dealer will not help you. And in many cases you will have issues. If your a true wrencher and gear head, get the evo. If you wanna drive to starbux and sip iced lattes get the sti. However I pull up next to stis at starbux getting out the car in my shop uniform, greese all over and still enjoy a good iced latte.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

The Evo is the most expensive when you look at insurance. Lemme go dig up a link.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 09:10 PM

the page that has all that crap on it, was published in 2004???
Old Aug 20, 2006, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

1. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8
2. Mercedes-Benz CL-class
3. Dodge Neon SRT-4
4. Subaru Impreza WRX
5. Jaguar XK
6. Lexus IS300
7. Honda S2000
8. Acura RSX
9. Nissan 350Z
10. Jaguar XJ

Source: http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...sToInsure.aspx
Old Aug 20, 2006, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

Depreciation!!!....No way...evos hold their value pretty well...go get a used one...very expensive for beeing used...hell...try an M3...bought it new for$62k....sold after a year for 48K...and i worked them very hard at the dealership too...huh..."depreciation"....sorry
Old Aug 20, 2006, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GrimDog
I'm not satisified with mine. The quality of the car is **** poor for what you pay for it. Warranty is a joke for most people. Try trading your evo in if you dont think they depreciate poorly.
Yah what do think the occupant satisfaction is for Cleveland Ohio is? s-h-i-t. Im in Cleveland now and it just seems like everybody here is depressed., and negative.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by angelboy52
1. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8
2. Mercedes-Benz CL-class
3. Dodge Neon SRT-4
4. Subaru Impreza WRX
5. Jaguar XK
6. Lexus IS300
7. Honda S2000
8. Acura RSX
9. Nissan 350Z
10. Jaguar XJ

Source: http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...sToInsure.aspx
Geico thinks my Evos a lancer and its cheap as $^%&%$ cheaper than my SRT-4.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wow this thread is old.......who cares evo rules......
Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jroller
Geico thinks my Evos a lancer and its cheap as $^%&%$ cheaper than my SRT-4.
Well the list was from '02-'04, so it might have changed, but if Geico's like that I'mma get me an Evo haha
Old Aug 20, 2006, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

o noez i am immediately selling my evo because a third rate investing magazine liked the STI better. and in the future i will be taking all of my investment advice from super street and sport compact car roflcage.

Quick Reply: Forbes chooses sti over EVO