Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

vendors vs ebay

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2005, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
vendors vs ebay

Just for comparisons. Ebay Helix dp for $164 and xxx vendor has them for $250
This is the real thing right? This guy is a power seller so he does have rep. What do you think?

BTW it says "You will need an the lower aftermarket lower arm bar or spacers for installation". I hope its the exact thing when you purchase it from the vendors. Also funny thing is in his ebay store he has the same item but at $236...wtf?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Last edited by Derek888; Jan 11, 2005 at 08:20 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do it.it's the same ****.it has to be a helix ver.1 dp,if it says it needs spacers for lower arm bar.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Remember that the auction also says you should email for an international quote. I expect it would be $50+ for shipping as US shipping is listed as $30.

If I were outside the US, I would probably steer away from ebay auctions as I'm not sure what you could do if somebody attempted to scam you. Why not support a evom sponsor?

d
Old Jan 11, 2005, 01:07 PM

Man, why are you ordering from US? A lot of these things are products from taiwan. I suppose if you look around there should be lots of them for cheaper and no shipping charge. Plus, asian countries have had evo for much longer time so there should be pretty aftermarket support around.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 01:07 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That's how people make money on ebay. By shipping and handling.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Hrm. I usually go with EBAY for things that if I get screwed I can deal with it. But for things on my ride like exhaust or electronics I like to go with a company that way if a problem arrives on shipping they are great at taking care of it.

Staton
Old Jan 11, 2005, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bluedd
Man, why are you ordering from US? A lot of these things are products from taiwan. I suppose if you look around there should be lots of them for cheaper and no shipping charge. Plus, asian countries have had evo for much longer time so there should be pretty aftermarket support around.
Didn't taiwan just get the Evo as they are LHD?

d
Old Jan 11, 2005, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Taiwan just got the Evo 8 last year in april so this car is new. there were only 60 imported so there arent much parts for it because of limited cars. Its true that some parts are made here but the problem is that they will jack up the price knowning that there arent that many people who will buy them.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 08:30 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bluedd
The way I see it, even if he pays $50 for shipping he'll still get it cheaper from US than elsewhere and it's the same quality.
With dollar currently being next to worthless in the rest of the world, everything bought in US is dirt cheap. I'd do it
Old Jan 11, 2005, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

There has to be a better/cheaper source for EVO parts in Taiwan.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by marksae
There has to be a better/cheaper source for EVO parts in Taiwan.
I wish I knew....just need to look around more
Old Jan 12, 2005, 02:50 AM
Evolved Member

from the pic it looks like the real deal but then who knows when he send it to you is it gonna be the one form teh pic
Old Jan 12, 2005, 02:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Derek888
Taiwan just got the Evo 8 last year in april so this car is new. there were only 60 imported so there arent much parts for it because of limited cars. Its true that some parts are made here but the problem is that they will jack up the price knowning that there arent that many people who will buy them.
not true man
taiwan been working on evo conversion from virage for years
fi you find a good shop they'll be able to get you the parts besides there are many private import evo's from japan or europe
Old Jan 12, 2005, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tureno-AE86
not true man
taiwan been working on evo conversion from virage for years
fi you find a good shop they'll be able to get you the parts besides there are many private import evo's from japan or europe
Im not talking about Evo conversions. I am talking about factory Evo's which they never imported here before from
BTW my friend who is a mechanic knows the people at Invidia who only do exports but is able to grab one for me. Invidia will not sell it to the public so luckily he knows the guys there that are willing to sell one to him. I will wait and see what the price is, either way it should be cheaper than if I were to get it in the US or Japan and then import it myself.