Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

For all of you who's been getting ticket because you drive EVO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2005, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you have the stock wing on the car? it brings with it a lot of attention might want to think about removing it. also from my experience the judge will laugh at you if you try to fight the ticket. think about it i am not saying you did anything wrong but you are putting a cop;s word against a guy with 5 priors in that short of time. i know who i would belive.

just trying to help.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i was in a 25 mph zone doing around 35 following an older lady. a civic comes up beside me and floors it, well the cop hears him and see me. he pulls me for racing and all i was doing was 35, and even if i was i was behind another car and never speed up at all

the cops words were.
"b/c your girl is in the car with you, you got made b/c a car was faster than you and you had to try to prove to the guys in the car ("the civic") that i have a nice car too" I wanted to punch him in the face. and only b/c cause he has a bage on was the only thing holding me back.

oh wll there are some cool ones out there but not to many where i live.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

not all stereotype or profile. i was let go with a warning in my evo... yet i was written up before that in my rabbit
Old Jan 13, 2005, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

James your lucky i was arrested under similar circumstances here in florida. that was before the evo however.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by plokivos
You know about karma right? If you post crap like that, you're going to get a huge ticket within 3 month. And when you do, I hope you remember what you said on this board.

dirt.

you obviously don't have the brain power to read what I wrote. dirt *****, go somewhere else to post.
Maybe all the tickets you get is your karma for being an *** to people on this forum.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

I haven't gotten many tickets, only 1 speeding ticket with my EVO and 1 with my jeep. But cops always mess with me, they follow me hit the lights and then turn around or some crap.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Not much to say from me besides the fact that being a cop is just a power trip for most people and they almost all suck.

It really funny a lot of cops that I got to kow were all losers in school and had little to no friends. Now they wear a badge and carry a gun I can't say this about all cops, but I'm starting to see a trend.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 09:23 AM

This is why I went silver, blends in with traffic. A red car is like waving a red flag in front of a bull, he cant help but chase it.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
where you pulled over in Cobb Co.? If so what road?. You know what Cobb stands for right? "Count On Being Busted"

btw, I saw you lastnight on Barrett.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 09:32 AM
Evolving Member

Since my last post the Blinder M-20 has saved my *** again. Last night we had some crazy fog in DE, and MD. I was running the usual 85mph on 95-South when the thing went crazy. I slowed down and sure enough about 200 yards up there was a cop very well hidden so he just got a wave from me If you dont want tickets keep an eye open, uses the turn signal, and get a laser jammer with a great radar detector!!

Staton
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Where did you get your tickets at? Out here in Gwinnett I have only been pulled over for once and it was my own fault. I recomend you going to the state of Georgia unannotated code website.
http://www.legis.state.ga.us/cgi-bin....pl?code=1-1-1
Read all the code dealing with radar/laser use it will take some time, but if you can find anything in the code that the cop violated you can use it to get the ticket thrown out or reduced.
I used 40-14-7 No stationary speed detection device shall be employed by county, municipal, college, or university law enforcement officers where the vehicle from which the device is operated is obstructed from the view of approaching motorists or is otherwise not visible for a distance of at least 500 feet.
I got mine reduced to no points and only $80 fine.
Keep in mind none of the code applies to state troopers. It only applies to County/city/campus police.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

hmm...never had that prob. I've had cops walk up and ask me about my car but never been pulled over. (knock on wood). Good Luck with the fight but you know if everyone was going the same speed, including you (speeding), they always get the pusher (person behind all the speeders). They like to see it as you are the reason the traffic in front of you was speeding. Sucks but that is most always the case unless there are only 2 vehicles, then they get both of you and try to claim it as racing. anyhow, good luck!
Old Jan 14, 2005, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Plov:

While you really do not specify what you did in your post...more times than none a cop is going to pull the last person over in the pack. Its just easier for him. Not all cops do this, but the majority do. Now, how fast you were going? who knows. I was pulled over a few months ago in my GP going 75 in a 55. The cars ahead of me were going 80 easy. I was the last one.

Its safe to say you were speeding (whether 40 in a 35, or 38 in a 35), becuase if you werent, you wouldnt have gotten a ticket for a 45 in a 45, atleast, i hope not.

I had some ***** cop in warwick NY, pull me over asking why i was speeding by him. mind you, this was when he had someone else pulled over. I was puzzled and said, i didnt speed by you? I was doing 35 the whole time, but the speed limit was 30. In my eyes, i never sped by him, because i didnt accelerate, but technically, i was speeding.

Old Jan 14, 2005, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

i never drive in the front and i never drive in the back, i tend to stay in the middle of the pack and do 10, 15, 20, 30, mph more than whats posted and i never get pulled
Old Jan 14, 2005, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Are you complaining you received a ticket for not breaking the law? or you're upset you were singled out from a bunch of speeders. Which of those can you control?

Quick Reply: For all of you who's been getting ticket because you drive EVO