Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

For all of you who's been getting ticket because you drive EVO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:13 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by naucrx
Maybe all the tickets you get is your karma for being an *** to people on this forum.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 11:17 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by kdogg
Are you complaining you received a ticket for not breaking the law? or you're upset you were singled out from a bunch of speeders. Which of those can you control?
That's the thing, I wasn't speeding. I was going with the flow of the traffic. lol

I'm really complaining about the last 4 times I got pulled over when I didn't do anything wrong or going faster than 10 other people on the highway.

I had civics, trucks, bikes, sedans all passing me, I'm going 65mph and gets pulled over because the speed liimit is 55.

That and cops over here in GA always picking on imports. I have never seen them pull over a stang or camero yet.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ive been pulled over 1 time in my silver evo and the cop just liked my car and wanted to check it out. ive had the evo for like 7 months

In my old red grand am i got pulled over about 6 times
Old Jan 14, 2005, 12:51 PM
Account Disabled

see if i was a cop, i would be like "gee, how fast could that silver corolla go with an mid aged lady could go? I see that red car that's loud and some young punk in the driver seat, i'll get him, look at that big freking wing. At least if I can't convict him of speeding, I could give him a ticket for a stupid wing that's obviously not OEM"

That's call profiling and it's illegal.

you know all the crooked cops are thinking that way, if they're not into cars at all.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by plokivos
That's the thing, I wasn't speeding. I was going with the flow of the traffic. lol

I'm really complaining about the last 4 times I got pulled over when I didn't do anything wrong or going faster than 10 other people on the highway.

I had civics, trucks, bikes, sedans all passing me, I'm going 65mph and gets pulled over because the speed liimit is 55.

That and cops over here in GA always picking on imports. I have never seen them pull over a stang or camero yet.
I dont really think its imports. Ive noticed the further south you go, the more stringent the laws become. You can go to jail for speeding in virginia...its ridiculous
Old Jan 14, 2005, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

What State do u guys live in?

Here in Wisconsin the cops are a$$holes. Im got pulled over 15 min after buying the car (80 on 65 mph) and got stuck with $185 ticket.

I HATE COPS!!!
Old Jan 14, 2005, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

I wasn't speeding. I was going with the flow of the traffic.

If all the cars around you were doing 120 MPH and the posted speed limit was 75, would you all be speeding or going with the flow of traffic?

Yes, the car is a bit flashy. It will attract more attention than most other cars on the road. This is a double-edged sword, as you have found out. I have been pulled over before while in traffic, and this is how it went.

Me: "Why did you stop me? I was going the same speed as the car in front of me, and a car was passing both of us at the time."

Cop: "Just because I stopped you and nobody else, that doesn't make you any less guilty. You were speeding."

This wasn't in a import sports car. I was actually in a lifted Chevy S-10 4X4 at the time in Tennessee. If there is any place that truck would have fit in, it was there.

I know it sucks, but you're on thin ice. You've got a history and that is about as far as the judge will see on this one. Plead your case and ask for a reduced fine or something. That's what I would do.

As for the profiling thing......I'd rather the government/police be suspicious about certain individuals due to profiling. We hate it when it is pointed at us, but let's be honest. If you were to get on an airplane in a major city and 3 middle-eastern middle-age males got on shortly after....would you not be the least bit concerned?
Old Jan 14, 2005, 01:16 PM
Account Disabled

no, because i dont discriminate like some people.

anyway, yeh, I knew this was going to happen, but I didn't think it was gonna happen so suddenly and so quickly.

I need to move to mid west, where everyone knows each other and loves each other without worrying about gov money.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

no, because i dont discriminate like some people.

Don't kid yourself. Everyone discriminates against something in some way or another.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was pulled over the day before Thanksgiving on 183 in Irving in heavy pre-holiday traffic, hell, my father was in the car with me. I was in the inside lane and a cop with a laser was standing beside his car on the shoulder, I did not even see him until I was directly abrest of him. So anyway, here I am going along with heavy traffic and sure enough he comes after me. When I pull over he comes up to the car and asked if I knew how fast I was going, I said "yes, just as fast as all of the other cars on the highway, why did you pull me over?" His responce was "because I just happened to pick you out of the crowd". And I swear that this is the truth, it took me a second to comprehend what he had just said. I am not some young little ***** speed racer, I am 30 yrs old and my 59 yr old father was in the seat next to me, I do not need this ****. I have already requested a pre trial hearing at which time I will point out to the DA that the officer could not even get the date right on the ticket (he wrote the 23rd) much less figure oput which car was speeding. If he or she decides to take this to trial I will request a jury, and then I will explain to them where I was in relashionship to all of the other cars out there, where he was sitting, the fact that it was 2:30 pm the day before Thanksgiving and how heavy traffic was, what he said to me, and the fact that this dipsh1t did not even know what day it was even though it was the 23rd of November. And then I will have my father get up there and explain the same thing. I have not had a ticket in I do not know how long, but I will not put up with being singled out because I drive a lowered sports sedan with a factory wing on the back, he can go and **** on someone elses leg.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

I haven't had my EVO for a month yet, and i got nabbed on January 1st no less. Talk about starting the new year on a wrong note. I was driving it up to Atlanta From Fort Lauderdale. I too was going with the flow of traffic, next to a SEMI that was going faster then I was. We were north of Macon, GA where 475 and 75 merge, and a DAMN cop was sitting there around the bend with his gun pointed. Who do you think he pulled over? Yeah, it was the RED MR. I guess it must be a RED thing.

I feel your pain Plokivos.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 02:56 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 90GSX-03EVO
Don't kid yourself. Everyone discriminates against something in some way or another.
you're right, I do with people like you in that special way.

Yeh, it's red and yellow. We were in a yellow evo behind a silver evo and we got pulled over before, going the same speed or little bit slower.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

I have been pulled over twice in the last 3 weeks in my EVO RS (no wing), but didn't get a ticket either time. The first time they saw me fly by but didn't have a chance to clock me. They saw my 4" sooty tailpipe and extra gauges, searched under the hood, told me my intake was Calif. legal, and let me go. That was X-mas day.

The second time was last night. I made right turn kinda quickly and accelerated (not that quickly) for about a block and then stopped at a red light. He got behind me and stopped me, asked why I hit the throttle (I said I just wanted to make that light). He said he also stopped me because it had no front license plate. I said "it does have a front plate." He goes and looks and sees the front plate and says "how did I miss that?" Then he asks me about my racing numbers on the rear side windows. I told him I take it to the track sometimes. He asks "do you have any illegal mods?" I say NO. So he lets me go.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Going to traffic court is different than regular civil court. In traffic court, the burden of proof for your innocence is on YOU. Remember, traffic court is a cash cow, meaning "your word isn't worth much" in the eyes of the judge. How and why? The judge has worked with the sheriff, police, or highway patrol many times and will trust the law enforcement person even if he/she lied through the teeth. Find "engineerboy" on his experience in traffic court in Cali . . . best example of a kangeroo court. No matter what you prove, the judge will gloss it over and still get you.

This is my experience in FL.
1) In my city, traffic court had no PA, which is illegal in the eyes of the Federal Consititution . . . no judge can be partial if he's acting on the behalf as an prosecutor.

2) Most local PD and sheriff don't appear in court since they have more important crime to solve, but the highway patrol came in force like a goon squad. 2 PD, 1 sheriff, and a dozen or so hwy patrols. The judge even let the 2-3 hwy patrols to appear in court 15-20 mins late . . . what a farce?

3) The court clerk called out first: those who wanted to pay the fines now w/o appearing in front of the judge may do so now. About 25% of the defendents just gave up.

4) During this proceding, 3-4 hwy patrols started to give me the "evil eye", because I was one of the few people dressed nice in court. Hell with them, I smirked and ignored them.

5) Those defendants who faced their hwy patrol w/ paperwork folded immediately. 1-2 people tried to defend their angle, but the reasoning was so flawed . . . there was lenacy for first time offenders.

6) Of course, no officer at trial = case thrown out. This happened to me. As I was walking up w/ paperwork in my hand, those same hwy patrols tried the same antics. I ignored them.

7) There were 2 accident cases, but the judge "tabled" the discussion for a later time. He wanted to clear the day of money making for the city. Yes, those plantiffs with accident cases were not happy being postponed.

Moral of the story: In one hour, the city probably generated more than 3,000 bucks in one hour (no more than 8 grand). Tell me, what kind of job can generate that much fund, besides being in a drug cartel w/ paid local PD to look the other way? I can't imagine the cash flow within a day.

Last edited by bahamut; Jan 14, 2005 at 04:00 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2005, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

From what I read, some were caught speeding and complaining about it. Some has a legitimate reason/excuse. If I were you guys and feel that you were done wrong, at the time of the writing of the ticket, I would get all the officers info and file a complaint on him/her for profiling. No cops want that on their record because it will be a concern for promotions. That's what I did and the cops just gave me a warning.

Quick Reply: For all of you who's been getting ticket because you drive EVO