Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Good to be back..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2005, 02:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Good to be back..

Sup everyone, Well I finally picked up my car yesterday from the dealer. I had a ACT stage 2 clutch kit and a Fidanza flywheel installed. Anyway it took a minute to get used to but im very glad i went with the aluminum flywheel. The clutch feels almost stock like. I dont know its been 3 months since i have driven it.

Anyway tonight i had my chance to go up against a Ws6 Transam. (yellow)
I just came back from a 250 mile drive to break in my clutch today when i heard some people were going to race. We lined up at the light. I was very cautious about launching my car, only hit maybe 4k. By the time we went through the intersection. i had a good car length, 2nd....... 3rd......... 1/4 past i won. 4.......... as soon I hit 4th... here it comes. but by then it was time to slow down. We turned around and did a second gear roll on at about 35. Destroyed it! We did it 2 more times from the light. 2nd time I missed 2nd and let off right away. 3rd time i hit it perfect. I say i was atleast a full car length. Next up was a 97' RX7. I only had a chance to race him once, but i'll just say there was no point in racing again.

As far as mods go:
Evo
I have the clutch and flywheel that was just put on.
And the stock ECU was flashed by Shiv at Vishnu.
Other than that All stock!
Ws6
He said he was pushing 350hp with his manifold. dont know what else.
Rx7
Not sure, exhaust, bov, ect.

All I can say is any 4cylinder that can keep up with a V8, is A ok in my book.
God I cant wait for my stage 1 from Vishnu.