Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

It's a sad day when STi guys are doing

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2005, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually know a guy that ran under 24's at that track with a stock Evo...and he won't track it again becasue he said he couldn't get the handling setup, and his RS America (yea, Evo is his "around town" car) is a much better track car. The basic thing here being, 24's in a modded evo is a pretty sub-standard time...and the guy I know isn't a pro driver, but he's one heck of a good driver.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

This guy is full of it and hearing his story is just full of holes. If you look at the track layout its really simple and I'm sure he has ran this track many of times before. No way a car that makes 220WHP to 250WHP would just dog stomp a 350WHP EVO on that track. Oh well let them belive what they want

Staton
Old Jan 17, 2005, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thestaton
This guy is full of it and hearing his story is just full of holes. If you look at the track layout its really simple and I'm sure he has ran this track many of times before. No way a car that makes 220WHP to 250WHP would just dog stomp a 350WHP EVO on that track. Oh well let them belive what they want

Staton
Did you read the rest of the posts from that thread. They all claim that Mitsu bought all the Magazines off
Old Jan 17, 2005, 08:17 PM
Former Sponsor

whats sad about the STi is that they don't get the Spec C...if they had that car here in the states EVO's would be getting crushed.

FROM the thread:
i love the way evo's look...too bad the IX looks like wet poop...

This shows you the typical STi mentality. Maybe if they drove an EVO they would see why it is better than a STi
Old Jan 17, 2005, 08:17 PM
JTB
Evolved Member

This sounds like a completely fair match up with absolutely no bias

There are countless possible reasons for the discrepancy.
At least the magazines are trying to be impartial.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah haha. If Mitsu had the money to spend on paying off Mags then I'm sure we would have some peppy service depts with all the $20's falling out of there pockets for getting paid so much Sheesh, I like the STI but my friends 05 with a few minor mods just gets killed by my 350WHP EVO 8. And for this guy to claim he beats him by 2 seconds on a easy track wow....Guess the mags are getting bought off

Staton
Old Jan 17, 2005, 08:25 PM
Former Sponsor

I don't belive that Mitsu is buying any magazines execpt SCC, and possibly Automobile because they gave them a EVO for almost 2 years...just a thought. I see no evidence of this.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 08:27 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
why is it so hard for people to understand that evo just got that soul of a sports car that sti doesn't have.

its rawness and preciseness that lacks in sti is what boils enthusiasts blood, just like hearing a Ferrari go by at 7000 RPM.

If 90% of the magazine are voting evo, they can't be all wrong, can they?

Even playboy magazine voted Evo for its sex appeal.

Evo = Hot steamy young sex

STI = Mid age married sex.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

wow, a near-stock 300 hp car with near-stock suspension can beat a car with 600+ hp with the suspension and design of a formula one car on a road track.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Is this guy serious? He puts a rear bar and new springs on his STi then claims the magazines incorrectly stated that the STi pushes.....

I couldnt read past that statement, if hes too ignorant to realize that the new equiment changed the handling dynamics of the car, there is no use to read his statements.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe's_EVO8
I don't belive that Mitsu is buying any magazines execpt SCC, and possibly Automobile because they gave them a EVO for almost 2 years...just a thought. I see no evidence of this.
to be fair SCC has a project STi also.

but yeah, i mean it makes soooooo much sense that mitsu is paying off these magazines:

-they have no money
-the evo is not sold en masse like their other cars
-it's a completely niche car
-they see the sense in spending money to buy off the magazines for a car that clearly will NEVER come close to making them the money a camry-esque or civic-esque vehicle might

yeah, it makes perfect sense
Old Jan 17, 2005, 09:35 PM

thats funny cause i no of three diff magazines who did the same test and a evo was faster every time, i think thats thats bs that the sti was over a second quicker but just my opion
Old Jan 17, 2005, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by twinevo
Did you read the rest of the posts from that thread. They all claim that Mitsu bought all the Magazines off
I guess mitsu must of bought off Top Gear too, becuase Top Gear pulled better times than the sti's and, dare I say top gear *****es about the understearing too with the sti... Oh well its all funny to me. With the subbies theorys I guess enzo must of paid a good penny to be number one.. Or could it just be a better car?

Top Gear says its best the Sti is a good boys car but the Evo is a MANS car...
Old Jan 17, 2005, 09:44 PM
Former Sponsor

yeah but Top Gear guys always pick the Scoobie...so I think they are all opinions and should be left at that.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Joe's_EVO8
whats sad about the STi is that they don't get the Spec C...if they had that car here in the states EVO's would be getting crushed.

FROM the thread:
i love the way evo's look...too bad the IX looks like wet poop...

This shows you the typical STi mentality. Maybe if they drove an EVO they would see why it is better than a STi

Yea, if the states got the good stuff they would have spec c and we would have fq-400 that would eat the doors of any spec c with out a doubt... Saying that becuase a spec c in japan is on par with j spec mr so its a mans fight.. However if we got the mast beast fq-400 then well.. yeah you get the point.

and to comment on the wet poop comment I thought it was funny lol.. he said wet poop uh huh huh huh (butt head tone)

Quick Reply: It's a sad day when STi guys are doing