Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

It's a sad day when STi guys are doing

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2005, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Deleted.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being an STi owner and haven driven my fair share of Evos. Let me just say that one person making a post trying to defend his purchase shouldnt make u disrespect all STi owners.

I bought my STi knowing full well that it doesnt respond to mods as well, have looser suspension, and is more expensive to mod. But this doesnt mean it was a bad purchase, i bought it for the comfort, nicer interior, DCCD, Yaw Control (05') and other reasons.

I respect Evo owners and expect the same from them, but from what i have seen of most Evo owners is that they are dicks with some exceptions and this thread has made that obvious. Both cars are great cars but to say that someone has made an bad choice and bought an "inferior" isnt right.

Just some thoughts.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

I personnaly gotta disagree with that. I have lots of respect for the STi, although after months of consideration, test drives, and driving with and talking to EVO and STi owners at the racetrack, I decided on the RS. I have seen VERY FAST STi's at the racetrack. Put a serious suspension in your WRX and you will have a great track car.

RS is better for price, de-contenting for the track, and the COOL factor of the EVO, plus better handling out of the box.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

My friend has an 05 STI, and we always noticed that his was faster in the straights and mine was faster in the turns. I don't doubt that post. That course was almost all straight with what, 4 wide turns? I would be very interested to see them race a track like Willow Springs, or another very technical course. Even the Subbie guys are quick to point out it was an 05 vs an 03, so maybe for the next one have an 05 vs an 05. Anyways, all of the Subaru guys I've met have always been very nice to me, understanding that I have a car in most regards exactly like theirs, and I have always tried to be nice to them as well. I have never thought of an STI as inferior, I just realize that, as with the evo, it has its strong and weak points. Anyways, I'm just saying that I would love to see 2 05's go at it on a technical course.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 12:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kingleh@GSC
and i will stick to personal experience.

like i said before the EVO is a awsome car and i love it. I dont want u guys to think im trying to down the Evo.

yeah the stock sti was sloppier then stock evo, thats why i put springs and sways on it and me and the evo driver messed with toe and some suspention settings to make it feel better. My car now has a little bit of that quik intial turn that the evo has.

As far as the sti with understeer on stock suspention. it wasnt bad at all. Not nearly as bad as C&D makes it out to be. Very little understeer from it.
but you still beat an enzo?
Old Jan 19, 2005, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

I think we need all need a hug, and instead of focusing all this energy on putting eachother down we should redirect it toward's SRT-4 owners.

Edit: Nah just kidding those cars are awesome too. Wait...what was the point of this thread again? None of any of these cars suck? Whats going on...why am I posting.

Last edited by vicbdn; Jan 19, 2005 at 07:46 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 08:03 AM

Fast/slow is relative and only one thing is for sure when you buy any particular car: it's stock. All cars start out as stock and can be modified to almost any degree for varying amounts of cash. It all comes down to personal preference in my book. I like the Evo.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
I personnaly gotta disagree with that. I have lots of respect for the STi, although after months of consideration, test drives, and driving with and talking to EVO and STi owners at the racetrack, I decided on the RS. I have seen VERY FAST STi's at the racetrack. Put a serious suspension in your WRX and you will have a great track car.

RS is better for price, de-contenting for the track, and the COOL factor of the EVO, plus better handling out of the box.
Here me out all STi owners aren't dicks or whatever. I seriously purchased my STi over the EVO cause I was just quoted a way better price. I took both cars into consideration wether it had, better reaction to modds and all, bigger engine or not, ugly exterior( STi ) or EVO looks ( more aggressive ), more TQ, better handling, etc, etc...Comparision list can go on and on. In the end I would still like to own a EVO to have next to my STI. You can't go wrong with either one...
Old Jan 19, 2005, 09:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by FlyTheFluffySky
Let me just say that one person making a post trying to defend his purchase shouldnt make u disrespect all STi owners.
are you talking about me? defending my purchase? im confused
Old Jan 19, 2005, 10:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Enyth
but you still beat an enzo?

yeah i beat a enzo and Michael Schumacher was driving it too.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FlyTheFluffySky
Being an STi owner and haven driven my fair share of Evos. Let me just say that one person making a post trying to defend his purchase shouldnt make u disrespect all STi owners.

I bought my STi knowing full well that it doesnt respond to mods as well, have looser suspension, and is more expensive to mod. But this doesnt mean it was a bad purchase, i bought it for the comfort, nicer interior, DCCD, Yaw Control (05') and other reasons.

I respect Evo owners and expect the same from them, but from what i have seen of most Evo owners is that they are dicks with some exceptions and this thread has made that obvious. Both cars are great cars but to say that someone has made an bad choice and bought an "inferior" isnt right.

Just some thoughts.
well said
Old Jan 19, 2005, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

btw im on the track all teh time.. and im one step away from my competition liscence and ive only seen one fast sti on teh track and it had serious suspension work, lateral links, r compound tires, and a away bar. he even admited that that was teh only way to make teh car stop understeering.

hey u know what these are all opinions.. even the publications are based on opinions except for teh track times (which mitsu paid the companies to switch the times). all i know is that when i go to the track i blow by stis. and at the drag strip i have never lost to an sti. so fom my personal experience i know the evo is superior stock and moded. but thats just my opinion.. although it is shared by most people and experts.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i sometimes wish one day some bad *** STI would show up and start killing evo's one by one...

maybe then evo could have a proper discussion with sti people.

now, it's just... eh....
Old Jan 19, 2005, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by plokivos
i sometimes wish one day some bad *** STI would show up and start killing evo's one by one...

maybe then evo could have a proper discussion with sti people.

now, it's just... eh....
There already is one, but it'll only race you in a deceleration slalom course with split wet/dry pavement using your Advans.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

You guys are rediculous. Someone somewhere on some track in this country beat a modded EVO with his modded STi. And you guys care? It's not going to affect you. Take it with a grain of salt. Take it for what it's worth. They were great times. It's obvious these guys can drive. It's obvious that both cars are great cars. There's no reason to get all worked up and insult other people and their cars, especially when the other car is every bit the same level as your own car (EVO).

This doesn't mean it's the end of all dispute. It doesn't mean the STi is always faster than the EVO, and no other comparos are to tell us the EVO is always faster than the STi. If you want to go fast, mod your car and drive better.

That's all there is to it.

Quick Reply: It's a sad day when STi guys are doing