Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

concealed carry, with EVO Seats

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2005, 11:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shoulder strap would be my first choice. Ankle holsters' are nice too.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 11:53 PM
Evolved Member

I know my friend and his wife both have ankle holsters.

-Chad-
Old Jan 19, 2005, 06:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't found a good place in the Evo for my H&K. I have my permit to carry the gun as well. Usually I just stick it in the glove box. The recaro's are too tight to wear the gun on your hip while you drive.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

when i lived in losangeles i carried on my lap.... but thats why i moved to texas.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

How about mounting a holster under the dash, above your feet?

Originally Posted by 2GDSM
By the way, there has been arguments for decades that the purpose of the right to carry arms is so that the state can protect itself from abuse from the federal government. IMO, that was the original reason why the protection was placed in the constitution. IMO also, I believe that the threat from the federal government is significantly less than it was two hundred years ago.
Good point, and from my foggy memory of American revolutionary war history, I think the Founding Fathers also foresaw that local militias would be the people defending the country, as no federal army existed at the time? Can anybody confirm that?
However, I do agree that most people who legally carry are not the ones who cause the majority of the crime. I do think it is ignorant to say that the teachers should be armed to prevent people like the kids in the school shootings from shooting up the school. How about making it more difficult for them to get weapons including have the parents be responsible for properly locking and unloading the weapons.
Right, that was Michael Moore's point as far as I understand it.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Build a custom pivot mount right on the dash... That way the sucker is ready to fire at the first sign of trouble.
Attached Thumbnails concealed carry, with EVO Seats-glock1.jpg  

Last edited by silverEVO8; Jan 19, 2005 at 07:13 AM.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Without a license to carry, I always had to look for 'other' options. One day, I pulled out my speaker cover for the my drivers side door speaker (civic ek), removed the speaker, and had the perfect cubby-hole for my 9mm. I have not been able to fit a 45 in my speaker bay, and then again I have never been caught with my 9. Have never needed another hiding spot since
Old Jan 19, 2005, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Secret Chimp
No. This site is not a good place to air your opinions on gun control. The question asked by the user was asking for opinions on seat wear when concealing a weapon and whether there is a better place to store a weapon in the Evo. If you don't have any intelligent comments on the question at hand, do not post. No one cares if you (you being whoever is reading this) are for or against gun control.

SC~
WERD...

Kimber Ultra CDP here...cocked and locked...
Old Jan 19, 2005, 08:56 AM

you might say that now.. try getting shot.. take it from you, you dont want to get shot again.

Many schools of thought. 1. Why not?, man has aposable thumbs and a brain to use one when needed. 2. If someone puts a gun to a friend or something, who do you rather see go. your friend , or him. ( i would choose him, thats why you are fiends, to look out for each other. 3. an Armed societyis a polite society. 4. If the law states that I can carry, I do. The law states that you can drive, is your fast car a bit of incecurity?

never the less, your comment is irrelivent, I asked a question of comforart , if you think i should not carry, then write to me on a gun forum, not here

e

Originally Posted by nchirico
Obviously everyone has there own opinion on gun control and this is a good place to post it but 90% of you self-contradict yourselves. What sensible person wouldn't agree that since the general public carries guns the cops have to. Anyways if your being attacked wouldnt youd rather tell your kids yeah i beat the $h!t out of the guy or yeah i shot him. 99/100 kids will leave home if you shot him and get off with self defense. If your shot at or get shot, its obviously your time to die, better hope u believe in God. bottom line is that carrying a gun is one of the biggest signs of insecurity, as a physcologist i would know. Get a custom mount for a custom car though, thats a new car show amenity. Good stuff guys.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 08:59 AM

Glock, light weight, no safty (as in a switch), not too many sharp corners, like my 92Fs, no hammer to get in the way,

just pull back and bang!

I like the double stack, and with a little rubber around the handle, verry comftroable.

they sell a lot of em, must be a good gun

e

Originally Posted by wingnut
I've thought about the best mount location myself, but unfortunately I live in Wisconsin no CC. If we did have it I'd put my order in for a S&W 686 .357 tomorrow, but alas no such luck. My Springfield 1911 .45 is a blast at the range, figuratively and literally.

Out of curiosity why a Glock? I've never been all that impressed other than the price. The grip feels uncomfortable (not a big fan of double stacks), and they seem uninspiring (kind of like an appliance or something). If reliability is the goal then you can't go wrong with a wheelgun. Got a dud, or a bad round? No prob, keep pulling the trigger.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 07:41 AM

I'm struggling with the same issue with my Kimber CDP. I haven't found a reasonable carry position to keep the firearm on my person while in the car.

The CDP will fit in the door pocket, but I hate to have to be so visible pulling the gun out of the door and placing back into my normal concealed carry position.

I kind of like the idea of a pocket at the front edge of the drivers seat, or just under the front edge of the drivers seat. This would be easier access than the door pocket.

Mark
Old Jan 20, 2005, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Have anyone ever thought about the space between the driver seat and the cup holder? Maybe you can mount a gun holster there?

P.S. I Love Glocks!!!!
Old Jan 20, 2005, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

I carry many different guns (one at a time). I carry everything from a Beretta 92FS, various Glocks, Taurus 38 snubbies, and a H&K USP Compact. All these guns easily fit into the door pocket. I can't imagine carrying a gun comfortably in a holster with the EVO seats the way they are........
Old Jan 20, 2005, 09:26 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by plokivos
the guy was asking a simple question.

where to put his gun.

why is this so difficult for all of you people to understand?

damn, hippies. lol

You could always put it on the drivers tray on the door. Just have to come up with some clever way to make sure your gun doesn't move around too much.
I'm left handed, the clip-on ones actually stay right where you put it on the door pocket, I'm sure the same applies to the right handed ones.. Though I have a ballistic nylon one, and its a narrower framed pistol (S&W) so it fits in there I don't carry so I don't actually keep it with me or in the car, but I did try it out to see if it did fit. The glock is a little wider than the S&W and I think it might not actually fit in there in a holster.
Old Jan 20, 2005, 09:28 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
and.. Damn, I couldn't imagine driving with my pager or phone digging into my side, I feel for you having to sit on something larger than that digging into your kidneys..

Quick Reply: concealed carry, with EVO Seats