Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is it possible to steal an Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2005, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are only 3 ways for the car to be stolen. Dealer copies a key when you drop it off for oil change. If you ever get your car back and your extra key doesnt work CALL mitsu of america immediatly because you have to have all keys when you program. 2, towtruck take it lol, and the most common which I have heard of over 100 cars being stolen this way. Having the wrong person do your remote start. On mitsu you have to hide a key in a box with a ring for the key cylinder for it to start. If it was installed shady, someone can break in, reach under your dash and get key and drive off. I have been installing for 11 years and have had 1 customers car stolen that I put a remote start in. That module should be hidden in a place that would take a while to get too.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by escoson
any car can be stolen by the rite thief... i havent heard of any evos being stolen besides the one posted the other day. i heard of 2 being stolen last year at raceway park but i think that was just a bs story someone made up due to the person i heard it from being the type to tell white lies...

it was two sti's that got stolen from engilshtown.... it was Mits. vs Sub. day
Old Jan 23, 2005, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Anything is possible. If somone wants it bad enough, It can be done.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

This is why I do not recommend the auto start for any Evolution.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

me and my sister went to a mazda dealership because she wanna check out something, and the sale rep just got his evo stolen!!! i was like isn't it "unstealable"?! so that's what he said and that's what i listen....
Old Jan 23, 2005, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by an0ther
There are only 3 ways for the car to be stolen. Dealer copies a key when you drop it off for oil change. If you ever get your car back and your extra key doesnt work CALL mitsu of america immediatly because you have to have all keys when you program. 2, towtruck take it lol, and the most common which I have heard of over 100 cars being stolen this way. Having the wrong person do your remote start. On mitsu you have to hide a key in a box with a ring for the key cylinder for it to start. If it was installed shady, someone can break in, reach under your dash and get key and drive off. I have been installing for 11 years and have had 1 customers car stolen that I put a remote start in. That module should be hidden in a place that would take a while to get too.
I have been installing for over 5 years now and when I do remote starts that have to leave the key in I shave the shft of the key down with a grinder so it can not be turned in the igniton ever again, but if you have the remote start in your car i can use the same trick the alarm does to start the car without the right key.