Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

im about to but an MR on feb, but im thinking about an M3

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
screw the evo and the m3. get the new style m5 7-speed 500 hp heaven.

but between the m3 and evo.. i'd go with evo. everyone who sees your car on the road will drop their jaw. its probably a nice feeling
Old Jan 23, 2005, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Id have to say that both cars are pretty awesome and that you will be happy with either one. Just depends on what you want more.

If your more into styling, status symbols, resale value, etc, the M3 is your car. (Maybe hold out for the new M4?)

If you really want a FAST MODDED car, slightly better handling, and don't mind paying for repairs off warranty/out of pocket as well as having a "ricer" car, get the evo.

DO NOT mod an M3. Period. Add more than 20 hp to that engine and it will blow very soon. The motor comes so close to the edge of failure right from the factory its frightening and beautiful at the same time. But, if the engine fails b/c of mods, BMW will f you over and youl wind up paying 20k for a new engine and owning a car without warranty. Thats not good for BMW resale. Ive heard they are harder on mods than mitsu.

Also, if my price range went up into the 60's id be looking at more than just these 2 cars... The new C6 vette is pretty nice, and the new Skyline should be here in a year or two if you can wait that long. M5 is pretty nice, but i think they are close to 90k.

And dont ask yourself which one will get more girls. Any girl that will pay attention to you b/c of your car is not worth 5 minutes of your time in the first place. Just MO. Rule of thumb, gils dig cool cars, but not always the guys driving them.

Last edited by Mercenary3; Jan 23, 2005 at 12:46 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Skyline
Old Jan 23, 2005, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by twinevo
Skyline
hehe, i already got one of those in the philippines. 1990 r32 with a rb20det. alot of work to be done however.

im still leaning to the evo MR right now. i dont really like the corvette, i wanna modify a car. and its a 2 seater. m5 would be something to consider, but i dont wanna get it this early. g35s i love those cars, but theyre sooo common now, and the evo is faster.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
get both!!!!!coupe and 4 door!!!u can never go wrong....
Old Jan 23, 2005, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

meron ng MR sa Pinas?
Old Jan 23, 2005, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Go to an M3 enthusiast forum. They'll tell you M3. Go here and we'll tell you MR. It's all you, dawg. Flip a coin if you can't decide.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shimla
meron ng MR sa Pinas?
hehe, skylines are pretty expensive here. i dont really find it practical spending that much for a skyline.

actually there was also a person selling an MR in the philippines, it was an import from japan, and converted into LHD. It was only 1.6M pesos, or just less than $30k. brand new car, graphite grey i think.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

i know that evo 8 sell for P2.8M, how cld anyone sell an MR that cheap? under the nose of Customs people? something smells like galunggong w/ that MR bro....be careful....cld be a chopchop of some sort.........same as what what people near the Mexican border do here, they steal, chop, ship over the border then sell......hopefully i'm wrong.....if u have the money, go legit.....IMO
Old Jan 23, 2005, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO32570
I dont know where you live to see only 1 EVO per week and 2 or 3 M3's on the same road but I would get the M3. Those cars are fast and pimp.

Where do you people live at? I see only 1 evo every month and maybe 1 M3 a month. And that's usually only when I pass either dealership. Pittsburgh sucks.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

my 03 m3 is for sale! let me know if you are interested...
i'm in socal
Old Jan 23, 2005, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

I would take them both for a test drive and go from there, that alone will probably solidify your decision.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shimla
i know that evo 8 sell for P2.8M, how cld anyone sell an MR that cheap? under the nose of Customs people? something smells like galunggong w/ that MR bro....be careful....cld be a chopchop of some sort.........same as what what people near the Mexican border do here, they steal, chop, ship over the border then sell......hopefully i'm wrong.....if u have the money, go legit.....IMO
hehe yeah, im sure they should be having contact with the customs, but the car cant be chop chop. its brand new. the only thing is that its a conversion from RHD to LHD, im not sure of the process on how they converted it.

im my skyline everything is the other way around, i have the signal on the right part of the steering wheel, the button to pop the hood is on the passenger side, the button on my automatic stick is on the right side, on the power windows, the buttons are also the other way around, top right button opens the drivers window.,
Old Jan 23, 2005, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mybada
my 03 m3 is for sale! let me know if you are interested...
i'm in socal
hehe, no thanks. but just out of curiousity, how much, and why are you selling it?
Old Jan 23, 2005, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

if i were u, i'd get 04 M5, 4 door, 370+hp( think), mas astig!!!! knowing how some people view Lancers back home, u won't have much pogi points w/ the Evo, thay'd think it's still and will always be a lancer......having a Bimmer back home, WOW!!