Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

im about to but an MR on feb, but im thinking about an M3

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2005, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shimla
if i were u, i'd get 04 M5, 4 door, 370+hp( think), mas astig!!!! knowing how some people view Lancers back home, u won't have much pogi points w/ the Evo, thay'd think it's still and will always be a lancer......having a Bimmer back home, WOW!!
hahaha, but back there we got a 3 series. lol. still gonna choose the MR over the M3. dunno buy maybe not for now the m5. lemme see how the business runs first. but im still taking into consideration other cars before i take it on feb.

san ka nga pala sa pinas? im chris by the way.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

Where are you located. If your in SOCAL I can arrange a test drive for you and try to work out the best price for you.

I think you'll love the MR.

pasyalan po ninyo ako para sa magandang usapan.....

EVO JOE
310-429-4478
Old Jan 23, 2005, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

GET M3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you will get tired of the phhhhhhhhhhssssssss sound AND the turbo
both have speed and power and handling. i daily drive my evo to work, i drive alot 35k in a year ............... anyways, if you really gonna mod your car, eventualy it will give you headache. even if you mod your car, there's still gonna have those #$%@#$^ domestic muscle car that will be faster than you. ( not if you get a bigger turbo which i don't think you will for a daily commuter) M3 is more comfortable AND POWERFUL. stock cars both are dead even. of course turbo car will have much more potential if you modify it.
rear wheel drive have more fun.
if you just focus of power, then evo will give you a little more, and M3 definitly WOULD make you TOTALLY HAPPY too.
if i were to choose it again, i would have bought the M3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
evo is great, i love it. yet i would prefer M3 if i can choose
M3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 23, 2005, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by travelsize420

but between the m3 and evo.. i'd go with evo. everyone who sees your car on the road will drop their jaw. its probably a nice feeling

yeh so TRUE...everyone who sees your car on the road will drop their jaw, but you forgot one thing....ALL OF THEM ARE HIGH SCHOOL KIDS!!!!!!!!!!! they would do some insane stuff, on highway, they will literally get almost half of their body out the window and get you 2 thumbs up, but that would end up embrass YOU. funny how my gf said, "see all you attrack are those 16 year old high school kids"
M3 has power, fun, luxury, AND class.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

m3... cannot compromise comfort and the occasional road trip, even if it's not as fast as the evo
Old Jan 23, 2005, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by go2evo
GET M3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you will get tired of the phhhhhhhhhhssssssss sound AND the turbo
both have speed and power and handling. i daily drive my evo to work, i drive alot 35k in a year ............... anyways, if you really gonna mod your car, eventualy it will give you headache. even if you mod your car, there's still gonna have those #$%@#$^ domestic muscle car that will be faster than you. ( not if you get a bigger turbo which i don't think you will for a daily commuter) M3 is more comfortable AND POWERFUL. stock cars both are dead even. of course turbo car will have much more potential if you modify it.
rear wheel drive have more fun.
if you just focus of power, then evo will give you a little more, and M3 definitly WOULD make you TOTALLY HAPPY too.
if i were to choose it again, i would have bought the M3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
evo is great, i love it. yet i would prefer M3 if i can choose
M3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
actually no, that was i really like, the pssshhhh and the pop (when i remove my cat). i will also enjoy modding the car. but i truly agree with you that the m3 is very comfortable, i have ridden in one before, and it is just super fast!

i think still that the best thing to do is to test drive both,
Old Jan 23, 2005, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

If you're going to get an M3, it better be an E30 M3, not the hairdresser E36 and the porky E46 M3.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

All I have to add is wait and get the Evo IX.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shimla
if i were u, i'd get 04 M5, 4 door, 370+hp( think), mas astig!!!! knowing how some people view Lancers back home, u won't have much pogi points w/ the Evo, thay'd think it's still and will always be a lancer......having a Bimmer back home, WOW!!
'04 M5? The last year of production for the E39 M5 was June 2003, and they have 400HP, not 370.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

my bud has a m3, so we often switch car if we go out together...
M3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 23, 2005, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by go2evo
my bud has a m3, so we often switch car if we go out together...
M3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
K&N Filter
Apexi Turbo Timer
DynoFlash
HKS EIDS
Project Mu B-Force
maybe you should get some real mods like boost controller, cams, & exhaust. you may be singing a different tune afterwards. I've driven an e46 m3 and then an evo w/ 330whp back to back and the m3 feels so weak and boring.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

m3 goes ROAM,ROAM.the EVO goes PSHHHHH!!GL
Old Jan 23, 2005, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=chizcwish74]

1. i want a sportier look, and i am in more for speed. for the MR, i will enjoy modding the car, and upgrading the turbo. bmws will be difficult to mod, let say for example the exhaust, which willl cost more than a grand. i also like the turbocharger, having a BOV that goes "psssshhh."

- Get the MR

2. mitsubishi might be going down (i heard that there are two dealerships around my area that are closing). plus, evos are kinda crappy in the interior on the inside. also, not to mention the maintenance of the car, like the clutch that i heard is weak.

- Get the M3

3. M3's are way more common than evos, and MRs will be way more rare. driving down the road, you may see 2 or 3 M3s, but you will only see an evo once every week.

- Get the MR

4. M3's will have a better resale value than the MR. i heard from these forums that the price of the evos depreciate too much,

- Get the M3

i thkn the best thing to do is really go take a test drive of both. right now, i am leaning more towards the MR still, but im still taking into consideration the M3, which I will have enough cash for.

- Get the Mr

and the tally is

MR = 3
M3 = 2

-Get the limited MR that you wanted from more than a year and start modding the beast. Cause when you are older will you be able/ want to mod like you can now?

Old Jan 23, 2005, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Who said the Evo has horrible depreciation? You know what '01 and '02 M3's are going for these days??

Hell, an '03 M3 goes for mid 40's, and it was $60,000 NEW!!!
Old Jan 23, 2005, 08:31 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i'd say go with m3. That's a better car for comfort/performance/luxury.