Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

MVP Motorsports.com is a cheat.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2005, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MVP Motorsports.com is a cheat.

MVP Motorsports.com goes back on their words.

I made an order in mid-NOV 2004 for some carbon fibre parts (order no: 8719) and was told i will be able to get them in a week time (air freight to Singapore) but after 3-4weeks, I still didn't recieve them. So I called, they told me that 1 of the parts are out of stock, so they didn't send out (they didn't even bother to email or call me). So I told them to cancel the order, they told me there will be a USD30 restocking fee, I agreed. After a week (1st week of JAN 05) , they called and told me they HAVE to send me my stuff even if I don't want them. WTF, what can I say, they already collected my cheque! Till today I have not recieved any parts from them.

Can anyone help me?

Regards
Sam
Old Jan 23, 2005, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

What did you pay with, remember paypal and with a credit card you can fight the charge becuase you haven't recieved the product. Fight it, don't let them rip you off becuase they will just do it to another person.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

fight, fight fight. do not take this sitting down. Maybe this is just me, but if they HAVE to send it, then they HAVE to discount you (hint hint hint MVP). Also, why would there be a restocking fee for a part that's NOT in stock. That statement alone should raise a red flag. A restocking fee implies that they have the part in hand (which they alledge they don't).

If you paid by check, first talk to your bank. It is EXTREMELY difficult to recover funds paid by check (although not always impossible), but they should be able to point you in the direction of who you would need to consult. Be sure to explain the situation. If you paid by credit card or paypal (always the smartest way to make long distance purchases), simply contact your credit card agency or paypal and tell them you want to dispute the charges on the basis of non-recieval of goods. They deal with these things all the time and will work to recover your money on your behalf.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Well just give them a call, this is just a case of miscommunication on both of your parts. I'm sorry but if I was told that I would receive a product in one week and if I was on week two I'd be a straight blowing up their telephone lines. But you waited three to four weeks to do anything, still you do have rights as a customer. So you just need to talk to them and explain your situation, I dealt with MVP Motorsports before and had no problems, infact I ordered most of my parts from them and received every thing on time. I hope every thing works out for you.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

thanks for the heads up - we need to know about these places