Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

dino oil question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You bring up a good point. Alot of the oil may be going back into the intake. I just bought a catch can,not installed yet because I need to find some space. But soon I will be able to keep an eye on that. This is a good possibility for my oil issue because now that I think about it, the car does not smoke at all. No blueish smoke or anything besides the usual "warm up" fog in cold weather. I also do alot of highway driving at around 80 mph for extended periods of time. So I am sitting on 3500-4000 rpm for hours. This could be throwing some oil back into the intake. We shall see.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:20 PM
Former Vendor

if you got rid of the stock airbox you can mount it next to the rad. i have a pic if you want to see
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

Sure i would like to see it. Thing is I kinda want to keep the stock box(for now). The other spot I could have used is now taken up by my hks grounding kit (to the right of the airbox). So I am trying to hunt down a new spot to put this thing. I was thinking towards the back, near the strut bar, but that seems to be real tight as well. Also, Greddy didnt give me much hose either, but I am sure I can find some just like it at a hardware store. I need to find somewhere though, because this could be the problem I am having.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:36 PM
Evolving Member

just get a crank case breather filter, run the hose off the manifold, and mount the filter so it's elevated above the nipple for that recycle hose... the blow by would try to travel up, and gravity with the freed air pressure makes it trickle back down... that would work if it really bothers you and you don't have a open spot for those catch cans... even though those cans look soo nice and i want one just so i can look at it under my hood... hehe...
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:40 PM
Former Vendor

look in my sig. you can see where its at now. attachment was with old pipes, had to move it, didnt clear with the rvm pipes.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

haha, I bought this catch can, so I want to use it. It looks good. I may just get rid of the grounding kit, and put the can there. That way I can keep the stock box. The wires were really for show anyway, and they did look good, but the can would probably serve more of a purpose.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dafarmer69
look in my sig. you can see where its at now. attachment was with old pipes, had to move it, didnt clear with the rvm pipes.
DAMN thats one of the cleanest engine bays I have seen. Very the can looks great the way you have it set up.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:48 PM
Former Vendor

thanks... there is a bracket next to the rad. you have to bend a little or under the airbox where i have it now you can mount it next to the boost soleinoid. have to drill one hole to make it work down there. these werethe best two places i found, without having the smaller battery