Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Another set of stock wheels ruined by Idiots at Firestone Service...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2005, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another set of stock wheels ruined by Idiots at Firestone Service...

So i took my car in for snow tires... reading about this stuff in other threads, i knew to inspect the car when it was finished... sure enough, not one, but ALL 4 wheels are ruined on the car... fine scratches, yeah, i would deal with that... but sections of the clear is ruined on some and two of them you can see bare metal... and not just plain bare metal, it looks like it was purposely mangled with divets and twisted metal...

So, i talk to the Store Manager, and, he basically told me that it's mitsu's fault for using rim weights... said that dirt gets in there and ruins it... ha... my car has 6k miles on it only, and it should've never happened that soon... second, i've had new cars before, used, and aftermarket wheels on some... never NEVER had this issue... I told him that and he gave me the "i've been working on cars since i was 13... yada yada yada..." I told him i was around cars since I was six for christs sake... He told me I'm an ignorant kid with no common sense... so then i showed him other marks on the wheels that weren't by weights that something skipped along making multiple divets...

So then i talk to the claims rep... he was real nice... sent an investigator, and he agreed with me and said this is out of the norm... well... got a call, they said he said this is normal... LOL... not their fault at all...

So i demanded to talk to a regional rep... Talked to him... told him the story... and wouldn't you know it... just got, "disconnected", and he wouldn't pick up the phone again... then left me a voicemail later saying sorry but he was in the bathroom and didn't feel like calling me back right away... and i stored that msg for sure... NOW, I'm going to have to go above him if he won't work this out with me...

basically... they're trying to screw me and think they can push me around since i'm a 25-year old punk kid, with a degree, that deals with customer/store accidents and lawsuits on a daily basis... I'm going to fight this out, and if need be, receive legal consule by my best friend since 6th grade that's my county's ADA and works for his dad's firm that was in business for 30 years... LOL...

after a while, i will add, they said they'd pay 1/2 of the bill no more than $200 for all four of these messed up, bent up wheels... so i asked them, if i'd accept that offer, you're saying you're 1/2 at fault for this, and that'd make ME 1/2 wrong just for taking my car to your business... they don't know how to reply to this remark...

anyways... All i want are my wheels back to norm... that's all... i'm not demanding new wheels, i just want my wheels in the brand new shape they were when i bought the car... that's it...

so, here's my plug against them so far for causing this anguish...

DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO ANY FIRESTONE/BFS STORE... THEY ARE RAN BY UNPROFESSIONAL AND INCOMPETENT EXCUSES FOR PEOPLE... ESPECIALLY THE FIRESTONE IN/AROUND HAZLETON PA......

I'll try to update as it goes... sorry for the long post... but needed to vent hard... especially after dealing with them for nearly 2 weeks now with no resolve.... I held my professionalism part for that long, they haven't, so SCREW them...

Chris...
Old Jan 23, 2005, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

What exactly did they do to make the marks? Any ideas? Seems like they're really incompetent, I barely paid attention in Auto Mechanics (didn't know I'd be as into cars as I am now) and with the old pos machine we had I could put snow tires on the Evo's rims no problem...it'd take a good long time trying to do it right....but it sounds to me like they were in a hurry and did it on one of the machines not made for the Evo's kind of rims
Old Jan 23, 2005, 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

im in the mafia i can help lol jk man that really sucks that kinda happend to me today but not really
my g/f goes into the gas station to get some smokes and her id that she just got about 2 weeks ago has a bubble in it and the ladie says she can take her id so i go into the store and the ladie refuses to sell them to me a s freaking 23 year old with 3 yes i said 3 state ids all vailed. so i get pissed off call her a f-n biotch and walk out then turn around to talk to the manager and its her so i asked for the corp # and she gets the distrect manager from the back basicaly phillips66 sux and i will never go there agian. sry to steal your thread
Old Jan 23, 2005, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

hey thnx for letting us know !!!
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

I have no idea what they did to make those marks... i'm assuming that they used too much force and a hammer and vice as opposed to taking their time and car with those nice pin tools... but the one wheel looks like something chattered across the wheel lip edge... like you said... they prolly rushed...

Chris...
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

can you post some pics of the damage??
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:16 PM
Former Vendor

sue,sue,sue,sue, make em pay. and when your done, call every agency (b.b.b.) and tell the story. and worse comes to worse, find a news channel, those bloodsuckers love this type of stuff. nobody likes getting a bad rap on local tv.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

they are suck........never ever take my car to firestone
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

lol... yeah... i will sue if i have to... and maybe i'll call up the "I-Team" on their *****... the "I-team is on your side" you know??? lol... and my buddy will take this case for free if need be... and i will call the b.b.b. if this stuff needs to go that far and they give up being hardasses... man, nobody practices the customer is always right morale anymore... as far as pics go, my digi-cams broke, but i'll try to get some pics with my v710's cell camera (if i feel like cleaning all this damn ice and snow off, f'n mother nature)...

and yes, they do suck, so NEVER take your car to Firestone... i'll post if, IF they decide to be more professional and accept they made a mistake and fix my wheels... i don't need new one's like i said, if they can be fixed and look good as new, i'll be happy... that's all... if they do that, then i'll post here that they did, and accidents happen... till then, and it's been a while, screw them and Especially that store manager... Tony, you Suck...
Old Jan 23, 2005, 10:52 PM
Former Vendor

naw newswatch 16. which firestone did you go to. why didnt you go to j.w. - auto add. i know there a little pricey, but for our area there the best. i went to allentown, had the co- owner standing with us at auto add, when i was getting the new rims on.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 04:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
a bit out of topic but i'll be changing my tires soon, i'm worried now that this may happen to me too...anybody in the Chicago area know where to have my new tires installed properly.....is NTB ok?thanks!!
Old Jan 24, 2005, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

you should see the HUGE chunk of powder coat Discount chipped of my stockers. Had them coated black 6 mos ago. Dropped them off, came back and the manager comes running out and shows me. OMFG!!! 2 inches of silver amongst all that glorious black!! I told the manager to do one. He did, no problem, and he does all 3 no problems. I said if you can do 3, WTF with the other one?? Well, he put the 16 year old on it. Will they pay for it??? No. It cost me $50. He said he would do me a set of tires on the BIG cheap and save me WAY more than $50. We will see, after this weekend. Ime going back!! RRR
Old Jan 24, 2005, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

yo fire up the firestone. or call the police ...

or give service manager a money like $50 and tell him to give full money back for rims

service manager is not the owner and he will talk to owner that we made mistake and we need to buy customers rim.., make sense?>
Old Jan 24, 2005, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

i believe money works all the time.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

I can say from experiance that Firestone/Bridgestone stores hire just about anyone that applies. I worked for a rather big Firestone store in Indianapolis for a few years. When I hired on there, I was ASE certified. Most of the other people in there working were not certified but the store still had a sign hanging on the front of the building saying that all technicians were ASE certified... That is Total B.S.

Well on to your problem with the destroyed rims... When I worked at the Firestone in Indy, we had a Tire Mounting Machine that spun the rim and had an attachment that slid between the rim and the bead of the tire. This attachment was metal, but had a plastic sleeve to put on it when dealing with a painted or aluminum rim. It sounds like from the damage you describe that the plastic sleeve was not used. Also all wheel weights should have been removed before they placed you wheel on this machine. I worked during the huge tire recall due to the Ford Explorer roll overs, so I have changed thousands of tires.

I have only messed up one rim in my entire career, I take full blaim for it. "I was in a hurry!" I didn't look for the wheel weights and I started removing the tire with the above mentioned machine. It caught on the weight and drug it along the lip of the rim gouging out a 2 inch long shaving of aluminum. I told my supervisor about it and he just looked at me and said to continue and he would take care of everything. I found out later that he had said nothing to the customer and that the Lady driving the car didn't even look at her tires when she picked up her car. So he just let her drive off with a screwed up rim... That made me mad.

Hey we all make mistakes, but only a few of us learn from them and don't repeat the same mistake over, and over, and over again. I would advise you not to go back to that Firestone again for any type of service. I would go find one shop that you can trust and stick with them for all service. Make sure it is a locally owned shop, not a big name company like Firestone, Goodyear, Discount Tire, or other national brand. They seem to be the ones that turn a blind eye to if their employees are ASE Certified. As for myself, I do as much as I can myself, if I do not have the tools or skills required for a repair, I will take it to my trusted machanic.

Hope all turns out well in your persuit of rim repair.
L8R, Jay

Last edited by Shado; Jan 24, 2005 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Spelling correction.

Quick Reply: Another set of stock wheels ruined by Idiots at Firestone Service...