Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

3rd place for Evo in 1st WRC Rally Event

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2005, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nesiop
WHo placed 1st and 2nd?
Loeb - Citroen

Gardemeister - Ford
Old Jan 24, 2005, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nesiop
WHo placed 1st and 2nd?
http://www.wrc.com/ will give you all the stats for every race.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

If you look at the WRC Car it has the lancer headlights, grill, and taillights. So it has the body of the Lancer not the Evo. I found it strange that the Peugot team was using Evos as their prerunner car on the stages. Anyone else see that they used both a VI and looks like also a VIII.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

I love rally... glad the season's on, and glad mitsu's showing up! It was pretty depressing seeing the Manufacturer's Standings after every race last year...
Old Jan 24, 2005, 08:07 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TeamAccolade
Not an Evo, its a lancer WRC05 ( some one caught it...). Markko Martin drives for puegeot and his safety crew was driving an evo8, this made me scratch my chin.
I noticed that too but they showed also the Evo 6.5 TM edition before that with the new rules allowing other drivers to complete the race will definitely make panizzi competitive e.g. marcus gronholm and the other skoda driver that is why he was able to maintain his 5th position even when he crashed.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

I think Mitsu would have placed even higher if they had been able to complete the other 2 stages too! Giles was crushin those stages man! I know that the rally cars are different than ours but I really wanna know about those engines and i wanna know what kind of clutches they are running! If anyone can get more detailed techniacal info about Mitsu rally car please let me know!
Old Jan 24, 2005, 08:27 AM
Account Disabled

It looks like most of the cars are running 18 or 19 inch wheels........ anyone else notice?
Old Jan 24, 2005, 08:27 AM

i am impressed....
maybe this could be their resurrection....anyone care to host pics...
Old Jan 24, 2005, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kingkyle
It looks like most of the cars are running 18 or 19 inch wheels........ anyone else notice?
Yeah, it all depends on the surface and conditions which tire/wheel combo they go with. In fact, I think many races have been won or lost primarily because a team chose the right/wrong wheels and tires for the surface/conditions...

I love the look of rally cars with big, multi-spoke wheels... so hot!
Old Jan 24, 2005, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

when they run on snow they will back to 16 or 17, and sometimes smaller for ice. i am under the understanding that Rovanperra is running with pannizi, and rovanperra is the lead. that means they will both run all events. corrct me if i am wrong. again it was fantastic to see them go around again, and interesting to see the new guys, and the new teams. once marko gets comfortable with that peugeot, i think we will see a hard gravel press from peugeot. gronholm was on track to do excelllent, and them bam. he has never one a gravel rally before. i just want to know where in the hell did freakin Loeb come from. i mean seriously that guy is the micheal shumacher of the WRC. his car works everytime...perfectly, and he is an amazing driver. by the 7 stage nicky grist is telling us how he will win, cause he doesnt make mistakes. i cannot beleive how good he is.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

THAT'S GREAT!

As for the 300hp at 51psi, they can only produce 300hp, I think at the flywheel, but the torque can be through the roof at lower rpms.

Remember that horsepower is a function of torque @ a specific rpm. Bascially the higher the rpm, the more horsepower.

Most rally cars don't have the high-strung-buzzy-stratospheric-rpm 4 cyl motors, but rather ultra forced induction, low to mid-range rpm grunt puller motors.

Good Luck Mitsu!

jcnel.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't believe so many people are so caught up with this is it an Evo or is it a Lancer stuff. The Lancer is the name plate *ALL* the cars are based on, its the foundation. I'm just glad Mitsubishi is competing, and a podium finish at that in the cars debut.

It is ironic that Peugeot was using Evos to survey the stage, considering it is rumored the two companies are seeking a corporate tie-up to utilize idle Mitsubishi plant capacity.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
I can't believe so many people are so caught up with this is it an Evo or is it a Lancer stuff. The Lancer is the name plate *ALL* the cars are based on, its the foundation. I'm just glad Mitsubishi is competing, and a podium finish at that in the cars debut.

It is ironic that Peugeot was using Evos to survey the stage, considering it is rumored the two companies are seeking a corporate tie-up to utilize idle Mitsubishi plant capacity.
Exactly... Lancer ES, Lancer OZ, Lancer Evolution, Lancer WRC05, whatever...
Old Jan 24, 2005, 09:24 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TeamAccolade
1st is/should be a given, Loeb. Puegeot 307

Rules keep the cars at certain horsepower to keep the event as even as possible. the WRC04 and WRC05 wrc cars are basically the same. the WRC04 was a the car used for the test year. they drove it to see what need changing and what needed to be redesigned etc. they Cars are basically the same except for these changes.
I'm pretty sure that Loeb srill drives for Citroen .

As for HP, the WRC cars normally make more than 300 HP. They are not limited to 300 HP, that is the average HP made after the 32mm restrictor plate is stuffed into the intake. It is the restrictor plate that levels the playing field. As you can imagine: they make quite a lot of torque. In fact, IIRC Toyota got booted from the WRC for devising a bypass for the restrictor plate.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 09:27 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer

Well, in all fairness the Group N cars are Evos and they very closely resemble the road going versions. It's nice to be able to watch a car you drive every day blast through the forests at insane speeds.

As for recce cars: Before the rule changes the drivers would often take their own cars to recce the stages and many of them used Evos. I think it was Richard Burns who would drive them in his Evo VI TME. That car was quite famous.

Quick Reply: 3rd place for Evo in 1st WRC Rally Event