Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Close call for the Evo-Long read

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2005, 05:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Close call for the Evo-Long read

On the way to work this morning I was just cruisin along about 55 with 4-5 car lengths behind a dodge truck. All of a sudden I see brake lights comin at me real quick, so I get on the brembos nice and firm. Not a problem so far. Then the truck rearends the guy in front of him pushing him into the next car. I'm still ok cause I had plenty of distance to start with. Then I remember the car behind that was close to me. It didnt have brembos or Advans(Dry road), so now I'm not doing ok. I decide to bail out into the median, but it is quite high. On the angle though it is not a problem cause Im not lowered yet. Now im on top of this median which is about 5ft high and rounded off on top, It is also covered in grass and some patchy snow. Now Advans arent an ADVANtage, but becuase I had already shed most of my speed I just brake to a nice stop next to the banged up car in front of the conga line. I sit in the car for a second and get all my cussing over with. Then hop out, do a quick walk around the car to make sure I didnt bend anything or knock anything on the curb. Luckilly it was a nice rounded curb and nothing was scratched or scraped.
I get back in the car about the time the front SUV decides that the median is a good place to go to get out of traffic. Slip the clutch back in and stick it in first. Once again try to negotiate down the median and back onto the inside lane which is now clear of traffic thanks to the blockage. Start getting on the gas and the snow, which is now stuck in the big grooves of the Advans makes me loose traction. The rear starts breaking loose and stepping out a bit. I Steer into it and just keep on it. And I'm gone.....
Now I'm thinking that there is probably an APB out for a "silver sports car with a big wing". I'm sure someone might have thought that I was involved in the accident cause I was up on the median. But hey, I got no damage...didnt cause the accident....just prevented at least 2 more cars from being in it.
BUT THE EVO IS NOT HARMED......PHEWW
Old Jan 24, 2005, 05:34 AM
Evolving Member

Good job.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

quick thinking, and thank god you didnt get into an accident
Old Jan 24, 2005, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

nice, you better be careful before you get the plate bracket today.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys. Im glad too. Only had my car for a month and a half. Hate to mess it up.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 05:52 AM
Evolving Member

hehe, be bad not to have a car to put it on.

Originally Posted by 93civEJ1
nice, you better be careful before you get the plate bracket today.