Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Concerned Owner - Intake Question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2005, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Concerned Owner - Intake Question

Hey Fellas,

Anyone here running an open element intake system and driving through snow/rain/salt?

I am running an ARC induction box and am concerned about rain, snow or salt getting into my intake through the hood vent. Anybody else worried about this or have experience on this topic?
Old Jan 24, 2005, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

you'll be fine. i got the HKS RS intake, and thats an open element... no problems so far.... the only way i could see wather snow or salt getting in there is if you litereally put the front end of your car into water ... thats really teh only way... IF you are very concerned, well i guess this woudlnt' help you, but anyone else with the HKS, the is a box for it now
Old Jan 24, 2005, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steveevo8
you'll be fine. i got the HKS RS intake, and thats an open element... no problems so far.... the only way i could see wather snow or salt getting in there is if you litereally put the front end of your car into water ... thats really teh only way... IF you are very concerned, well i guess this woudlnt' help you, but anyone else with the HKS, the is a box for it now
+1 No worries, mate!
Old Jan 24, 2005, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

thanks guys.