Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need help exhaust broke....Vendors please read

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2005, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Need help exhaust broke....Vendors please read

I've had my Espelir JGTC-500 cat-back for about 10 months. Just recently I noticed an exhaust leak coming from my Evo. After a quick inspection I found the problem. One of the exhaust hangers, the middle one, broke around the weld.

I know that the JGTC-500 has a 3 year warranty from the manufacturer. I just don't know how to contact Espelir. I've done some searches and have come up with nothing.

Vendors; If there is anyway you can help me, i.e. Espelir's contact info, phone #'s, etc. Please PM me.

Thanks,
-Tony
Attached Thumbnails Need help exhaust broke....Vendors please read-broken-hanger.jpg   Need help exhaust broke....Vendors please read-broken-hanger-1.jpg   Need help exhaust broke....Vendors please read-broken-hanger-2.jpg  
Old Jan 25, 2005, 08:20 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
that sux
Old Jan 25, 2005, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

i have had my espelir on for about 3 months hope you just got a fluke one. good luck resolving matters. contact who you bought it through they should have espelir's contact info.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

My Espelir downpipe is leaking at the flange that connects to the cat. The flange has warped itself from the movement of the engine. My mechanic was comparing the flanges to my cat and cat back and the Espelir is very thin. Now I have to have a new flange welded on.