Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HKS F-Con V Pro

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2005, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those are some good numbers, but I think I will just take the Dyno Flash route. It would appear by all the modding your doing, that you will sometime in the near future start doing some motor work to go with the mods you are doing.
Will look forward to seeing the final results

Good work
Old Jan 27, 2005, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

The only way mike will be able to have any knock retard,curently, is to use a independent unit such as a J and S knock unit. btw this is how HKS USA INC has their shop evo set up right now. The v-pro has it in the software but it is not functional in it's current state. hopefully soon it will be but for now the only safety nets are air/ coolant temp compensation. overboost protection and speed compensation.

ohh mike it's capt. and ginger, and Irish car bomb, (3/4 pint of guiness shot of jameson, shot of bailey's)mmmmmm
Old Jan 27, 2005, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo Police
Those are some good numbers, but I think I will just take the Dyno Flash route. It would appear by all the modding your doing, that you will sometime in the near future start doing some motor work to go with the mods you are doing.
Will look forward to seeing the final results

Good work
Honestly the flash is your best route for a basic everyday setup.For the price you can't beat it.
Old Jan 27, 2005, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by prostockCRX
Honestly the flash is your best route for a basic everyday setup.For the price you can't beat it.
Yes thats what I plan to do. Mine is pretty much a drive the car on a nice day, other than that it sits in the garage. I plan to get a custom tune from you guys (Al) in the early spring.

Have heard nothing but good things about your flash.
Old Jan 27, 2005, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sean I
Out of curiosity, what is this "feel" that you speak of? I am looking at the 2 sheets and it seems to me that the tunes are very close. Seems like at this stage of mods you would have been better of sticking with your ROM tune. Maybe with mods later on you will see a benefit.

Sean

it is a common feeling amongst HKS buyers.. it is called 'smaller wallet feeling'.. and can be confused with the 'seat of your pants' feeling...

lol..

V con Pro is an awsome tool, unfortunatly it is only as good as the person who tunes it.... and there are not enough PRO shops around to justify the cost.

BP out...
Old Jan 27, 2005, 06:30 PM
Account Disabled

The HKS V-CON Pro is without a doubt the best stand alone unit on the market, all the major teams and evos in Japan use it - e.g. Hypermax Evo, Jun Evo - etc etc. If you are looking for the highest quality and most stable and repeatable stand alone system the HKS is the one. An added benefit is the 100% stock like driveability and function that it provides.
Old Jan 27, 2005, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo Police
Yes thats what I plan to do. Mine is pretty much a drive the car on a nice day, other than that it sits in the garage. I plan to get a custom tune from you guys (Al) in the early spring.

Have heard nothing but good things about your flash.
Al's flashing is 2nd to none, you should try to get in soon while he is charging next to nothing, like 299.99 or some thing to that effect. But i don't know how long he is offering it.
Old Jan 27, 2005, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

ohh mike it's capt. and ginger, and Irish car bomb, (3/4 pint of guiness shot of jameson, shot of bailey's)mmmmmm
Ken, you're the booze brother from another mother I never had growing up.

I will bring those ingredients up on Thursday so we can start tuning OUR internals.

Originally Posted by BrownPoop
it is a common feeling amongst HKS buyers.. it is called 'smaller wallet feeling'.. and can be confused with the 'seat of your pants' feeling...
Actually it worked out in my favor. After the gf saw how much all the HKS stuff was she went on a rant about how I spend more on the car than on her (which is absolute bull if you've seen the gifts and lavish life I give her). Well that was the breaking point for me and I threw her and her stuff into the street. She was gaining weight anyways. Well, lo and behold, I find I have more money that I can budget away from account GIRLFRIEND and into account EVOLUTION. And I'll still have enough free cash to rent hourly love when the need arises. Things all work out in the end.

Listen to Master Ken-obi, he won't steer you wrong. For basic everyday driveability the Dynoflash is second to none in quality and price. Just being able to watch Al get all excited from another Dynoflash success story is something you can't put a pricetag on.

Originally Posted by housedj
have you tried contacing HKS Kansai Service to see what they do? they have tons of experience with that equipment.
I think Ken wants to contact HKS Kansai Service... and wring their necks after all the fabrication he had to do on their intercooler piping kit. Calling Japan is not out of the question for me as I do speak Japanese and I already bugger HKS main office back in Japan with stupid questions on their units pretending to be one of their vendors. I usually change it week to week from Tokyo to Kyoto to Saitama, but I usually hang up when they ask for a vendor ID number. Kansai service are top notch tuners in Japan and I give them a lot of credit for their work, but if you've ever lived in Japan and spoken the Kansai dialect (which is what I was raised on), you'll think twice about calling them. They may get mad and call a neighbor to send a yakuza hit squad on me.
Old Feb 4, 2005, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

haha, no worries mike.. i've got your back