Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anti-lag?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2005, 03:57 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm sure venom could pull this off. I like the vehicle specific design. Hopefully with CPU partial control.
Old Jan 28, 2005, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll talk to my builder tomm. and get some info. You have really sparked my interest.
Old Jan 28, 2005, 04:01 PM
Account Disabled

I wont mine having that myself. That's something cheaper that you could actually have installed and running the same day.

With the Controller unit with CPU like Venom, you wont have to worry about A/F running too lean.
Old Jan 28, 2005, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Lean is bad, hey plokivos how would that venom interface with a AEM EMS like mine? Or would I not need the venom cpu and just run of my stand alone?
Old Jan 28, 2005, 04:07 PM
Account Disabled

Yeh, AEM could monitor those. You just have to preprogram the maps for when you're running the n20 and when you're not for a/f.

But what I don't know is if AEM would shut down the N20 when it's running too lean.

I know that's what Venom CPU is made specifically. It reads a/f ratio and adjust or shuts off as it needs it.
Old Jan 28, 2005, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks dude. I will keep you posted.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 05:14 AM

I have that on my Evo IV, its spools up pretty fast, but the down side of it all is the over heated turbo manifold, so you would probably want a better intercooler, since the compressor is just right there, and that heats up as well.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
Then have the first stage shut off @ 4000 rpm and have the second shot hit with the bigger turbo from 4000 on. Wow!! Sign me up for plokivos's proposal, as a matter of fact I will take two systems.
Am I missing something? Isn't that just a one-shot that goes from 0rpm to the top?

The only think I can think of is that the two shots are of differing sizes... If that's the case, why is that done, anyway? What's the benefit of different-sized shots at the two stages?

(Newbie-learner alert!)

Old Apr 27, 2005, 05:34 AM
Evolving Member

On the stock turbo it would be useful to use like a 50 shot until the turbo kicked it, then at about when the stock turbo starts dropping off and losing power, engage the 50 again to redline.

On a Big turbo, it would be useless and dangerous to use nos and boost. I agree using nos to help spool the big turbo, but it's not worth the risk to keep the nos going after the big turbo hit's full boost, let it do its job.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 05:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by plokivos
Yeh, AEM could monitor those. You just have to preprogram the maps for when you're running the n20 and when you're not for a/f.

But what I don't know is if AEM would shut down the N20 when it's running too lean.

I know that's what Venom CPU is made specifically. It reads a/f ratio and adjust or shuts off as it needs it.
Yes the AEM can do this. A buddy of mine has alky injection with his AEM. When the alcohol runs out the AEM detects the higher AFR and switches the fuel map to a richer setting and automatically lowers the boost (basically reverting to "street mode") It's a real nice setup that I'll be using when I get the $$$$

So it would be possible to rig the nos soleniod to the AEM and have the AEM send power to it at certain intervals. Then if the N20 runs out it can automatically change the AFR to correct for it instead of running stupid rich. Likewise adding fuel for some reason if the AFR goes lean.

Keep in mind this would only work if you have the AEM EMS internal UEGO WB02