Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

4 evo's and a guy from greece

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2005, 01:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zaverdi
Guys,

I am leaving in greece and i am an owner of an Evo euro spec MR. The price actually to buy here in greece a US Evo MR is not 100000$, it is only 82000$! I paied almost 78000$ to get mine, you can imagine the difference with you. And, you can understand that all the mods for our Evos came from your market...
Sorry to say this but if you pay $80k for an MR you are seriously screwed, somebody is making A LOT of money some where selling those cars at that price. And what do you mean by a Euro spec MR? There is no such thing as the MR is no homologated as a Euro spec vehicle. I presume your car is a 5-speed RS/RS2 without AYC am I correct? In that case the car could have come from Ralliart Germany, I was in contact with them about a year ago when I was planning to sell my 7 and get an MR. They sell the MR primarily for motor sport use but it was also possible to get a special homologation for street use with a one day German registration. I got a quote for an RS2 with Brembos, Recaros, power windows, central locking, power mirrors, manual A/C and 17” wheels that totalled at €32,573 or $42,501 + taxes which would end at about $53,126 with our 25% VAT.

I know EVO’s are a lot more expensive in Europe, a euro spec EVO8 is around $53k in Sweden at the dealer and I don’t think that price differs that much through out Europe, maybe except UK which is a bit special since they have RHD cars and has had EVO’s on the streets a long time. That is about exactly the same as what I would have had to pay for that MR if I took it from Germany.
Old Jan 29, 2005, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

Different european countries have diffrent tax rates.
In Ireland, the base evo sells for the equivalent of 63,000.

With gas nearly $6 a gallon around europe, and most other parts of the world, you really have to want one to get one.

People in the US gota realise how good they have it when it comes to cars.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 03:58 AM

EVOVII_SWE, let me clear the MR case.. It is correct that the MR is no homologated as a Euro spec vehicle but only for motor sport use. So, we can order here in greece a MR for motor sport use but it is also possible to order some extras for road use. There is only one edition of the LHD MR the RS no RSII. So my car is a LHD MR RS edition with all the addition equiptments (Brembos, Recaros, power windows, central locking, power mirrors, manual A/C and 17” ,ACD, bilsteins, BBS, 5-speed) but no ABS. I bought from a dealer here in greece throught Ralliart Germany as you mention. The price estimation you have done is correct, but with all the greek taxes (+40%, +18%VAT) and with the special license to get from the greek custom in order to use the car as a street car, the price is over 55000 euros...So my friend i am not seriously screwed and NOBODY is making A LOT of money here selling MRs in that price, only 6 cars are sold in greece. And believe me, my car eats 7 for breakfast...
The regular evo8 in greece is around 50000euros, i think that it is the highest price in europe the some price as in ireland.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 03:27 AM
Evolving Member

EVOVII_SWE, let me clear the MR case.. It is correct that the MR is no homologated as a Euro spec vehicle but only for motor sport use. So, we can order here in greece a MR for motor sport use but it is also possible to order some extras for road use. There is only one edition of the LHD MR the RS no RSII. So my car is a LHD MR RS edition with all the addition equiptments (Brembos, Recaros, power windows, central locking, power mirrors, manual A/C and 17” ,ACD, bilsteins, BBS, 5-speed) but no ABS. I bought from a dealer here in greece throught Ralliart Germany as you mention. The price estimation you have done is correct, but with all the greek taxes (+40%, +18%VAT) and with the special license to get from the greek custom in order to use the car as a street car, the price is over 55000 euros...So my friend i am not seriously screwed and NOBODY is making A LOT of money here selling MRs in that price, only 6 cars are sold in greece. And believe me, my car eats 7 for breakfast...
The regular evo8 in greece is around 50000euros, i think that it is the highest price in europe the some price as in ireland.

Hey there, easy does it...

Still somebody makes a lot of money on those cars if they actually are $80k ready on the street, might be your government?

And this was a very mature statement:

And believe me, my car eats 7 for breakfast...
Like little kids talk “mines bigger than yours” bull, I have no idea if you car is faster than mine and frankly I don’t give a s**t, grow up plz.