Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo MR for $39,399 OTD? good price?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2005, 09:39 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
no. bad price. rip off. bad price. don't buy. you could get it for 32000. Talk to the sales manager and sales manager only. You get mitsu royalty, like $500 or $1000.
Old Jan 28, 2005, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by plokivos
n you could get it for 32000.
no way you will get it for 32k. its an mr and msrp is 35k
better jump on the deal you got to get the sweet graphite grey color
Old Jan 28, 2005, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by burningmoney97
no way you will get it for 32k. its an mr and msrp is 35k
better jump on the deal you got to get the sweet graphite grey color
35.5k to be exact.

plus graphite grey tends to street for a bit more.

good luck finding it for less than 35.5.
Old Jan 28, 2005, 10:01 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
35k with the dealer protection package. If you're going to pay $3000, for a $10 3m coating, go ahead, but I wont be paying for that crap.

I've found one without the leather seats, but with sunroof and infinity sound system, grey one in GA for $35,000, invoice at 32 and change with dealer protection blow job bastard bs.

I hate it when they do that shlt.

ANyway, they have it here for cheap. IF you goto AL, you could find it cheaper, about $3000 below invoice and they'll throw in a coupon for a free meal. True story.

Anyway, you upstate people are getting ripped. They cant' sell these things down here. mind as well, save you a few thousand $ and buy it from a southern dealership on ebay and pay few hundreds in re-registration.

my .2 cents.
Old Jan 28, 2005, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chizcwish74
i just talked with puente hills mitsubishi 5 mins ago, and i asked for a quote for an Evo MR Graphite Grey. They gave me a price of $35,799 w/o TTL, and $39,399 OTD. is this a good deal for the MR?

also, if this helps, i will be putting anywhere from $11k to $15k down, and i told them that i can pay off the car in less than 6 months. also, i do not have much of a credit history if that helps, thats why i have to put at least that much down. let me know what you guys think about this.

chris
Brother, When you buy a car don't EVER pay over sticker for it espically if you live in an area where there are multiple mitsu dealerships. If you walk into a car dealership with 11-15K to put down then you are a car salesmans dream. If they don't give you the price that you want (granted it has to be realistic) then get up and walk out of the salesmans office. Its funny watch the sales manager scurry out of his office and chase you down. Remember you are the one with the money and its not every day that someone walks through the door who is able to buy a $30+K car you need to take control from the salesperson and dictate your realistic price not him telling you that the MR is soooo hot that you will just have to suck it up and pay 4-6K over MSRP.

Look at it this way, most car dealerships make more money per vehicle selling used Fords than they make per EVO a sale is a sale and there is nothing a carsalesman hates more than having a deal unravel before his eyes.

Good luck and don't let the bastards keep you down
Old Jan 28, 2005, 11:37 PM

plokivos: he's talking MR

soule77: the invoice isn't far off from sticker...we're talking around 1k. there is NO wiggle room on MRs. i pretty much pitted every mitsu dealership on the east coast against one another and came up with $500 off as the best deal. now on 8s, that's another story...there were definite deals to be had on that model.
Old Jan 28, 2005, 11:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by plokivos
35k with the dealer protection package. If you're going to pay $3000, for a $10 3m coating, go ahead, but I wont be paying for that crap.

I've found one without the leather seats, but with sunroof and infinity sound system, grey one in GA for $35,000, invoice at 32 and change with dealer protection blow job bastard bs.

I hate it when they do that shlt.

ANyway, they have it here for cheap. IF you goto AL, you could find it cheaper, about $3000 below invoice and they'll throw in a coupon for a free meal. True story.

Anyway, you upstate people are getting ripped. They cant' sell these things down here. mind as well, save you a few thousand $ and buy it from a southern dealership on ebay and pay few hundreds in re-registration.

my .2 cents.

Are you kidding. What??!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Not to insult you It seem you been on the forum for a long time???

This is an MR. There is only $2,000 in between invoice and MSRP.!! This is not BMW.

The car you discriping is an GSR with sun sound and leather. And No it does not come in grey color only the MR.

I hate to dis, but your 2 cents is not even worth a wooden nickle
Old Jan 29, 2005, 01:10 AM

I am selling my MR white 5100 miles on it with the all the mods below the AFC is not on the car yet dyno'd @ 308hp 292 torq Call me if you want Eric 818-968-9494
2005 EVO MR (white) 5000 miles
1.) Greddy TI Exhaust
2.) Works 3" downpipe
3.) Helix 02 housing
4.) ARC intake
5.) HKS 272/272 cams
6.) AEM cam gears
7.) Walbro Fuel Pump
8.) Dejon Tool MBC
9.) Apexi Super AFC
10.) Tien S
11.) Nitrous Express NTercooler Spray Kit
13.) Apexi Turbo Timer
14.) RRE Cat (wink~wink)
15.) HALMETER Air/Fuel
16.) HKS SS blow off
Old Jan 29, 2005, 01:11 AM

sorry forgot to put price $34,000
car is perfect condition I just bought a new car and have no place to keep my MR
Old Jan 29, 2005, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by EVO_JOE
There are only 15 Gray MR's left in California.
And one of them is at Norco Mitsu... i bought my 03 there for 32000 out the door way back when..
Old Jan 29, 2005, 04:51 AM

FYI OTD = Price + Sales Tax + Title, Tags, Etc. Some of you posted OTD as bottom line sales price. You still need to add tax and all the other BS.

If you decide you want to save a few bucks, I'm selling my Graphite Gray MR here in New York for $34,000. The car has only 900 miles. Stock, with a few extras.
Old Jan 29, 2005, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO_JOE
I can find out the answer to any evo question just ask
OK. How many MRs have been imported? Will any more '05 MRs be imported?

And "Dunno. Dunno." doesn't count.
Old Jan 29, 2005, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bugula
plokivos: he's talking MR

soule77: the invoice isn't far off from sticker...we're talking around 1k. there is NO wiggle room on MRs. i pretty much pitted every mitsu dealership on the east coast against one another and came up with $500 off as the best deal. now on 8s, that's another story...there were definite deals to be had on that model.
I know that with new cars there really isn't that much wiggle room, I just hate it when dealers mark up cars from MSRP, I think its bullS***. I was just trying to give the guy a little advice, sounds like you did your research and got the best deal possible. I'm just trying to urge him to do the same. Thats all, especially walking in the door w/ over 10k to put down.
Old Jan 29, 2005, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

i would highly recommend THAT YOU DON'T PUT THAT MUCH $ DOWN!!! if your credit score is at least 625 or higher you can buy that car for the same price & put down 1/3 OF YOUR DOWN PYMT AMT AT THE MAXIMUM!! down payment does not help the loan. you still finance the full amount (look thoroughly at the contract & you'll see). also i wouldn't pay sticker. if you must have the car, wait till 01/31 & buy it for invoice. here's a link from www.kbb.com to help you with your price negotiation:

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.n...30M3&&2&&nyrnc
Old Jan 29, 2005, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Slowride
OK. How many MRs have been imported? Will any more '05 MRs be imported?

And "Dunno. Dunno." doesn't count.

No more MR will be comming. None, zip, zero

Quick Reply: Evo MR for $39,399 OTD? good price?