Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo Vandalism Revisited

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2005, 03:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
is ur garage closed or is it an open garage (w/ no door)? u don't have any aftermarket alarm?
Old Feb 1, 2005, 04:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by angelboy52
Really sorry about that. I would say that a loud alarm system might have helped, but not all the time. Or get one of those in-dash receivers that you can take the face with or the face folds up, leaving a black spot. Really sorry to hear about that, though.
Those fold up stereo's aren't worth it for the protection. They might fool some stupid punk kid, but any decent car guy knows that if there is a black bar in your dash, you either have an STi, RS or Elise with no stereo, or a nice expensive Kenwood head unit with the 3D mask feature. Those also happen to be very easy to take out when closed.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Total in damages comes out to be $1180.21, before the radio, turbo timer, and radio antenna. I'm guessing give or take $1500 after everything, not to mention how much time I'm gonna lose. See what happens when you steal a measly radio for a couple joints??
Old Feb 1, 2005, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why would you have your video wire exposed like that which can be so easily cut?
Old Feb 1, 2005, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pade
On a positive note least they where clean about it. They only did the small back window. But ya man I'd get a garage ASAP.
that small back window is more expensive tho!
Old Feb 1, 2005, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zlancer
why would you have your video wire exposed like that which can be so easily cut?
I ran it along the crevices of the corners of the walls. If you saw the camera, you can easily trace its wire, nothing I could do about it. It was the only way I could do it, short of drilling a hole straight up to my apartment, which is out of the question.

Originally Posted by Broken Smile
that small back window is more expensive tho!
That small window is $50.33 in the quote, plus 2.1hrs of labor to install it @ $40/hr.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 04:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude, thats damn stalking and ****.

wow. they know you and don't like you.

bummer.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

What would it take to put an electrified fence with razorwire around your property, and a gate for the driveway?
Old Feb 2, 2005, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by plokivos
they took the camera too? wtf.

you need some booby trap around your car. like a bear trap hidden around your car or something.

So you'll catch the bastard who's doing it. I'm sure it's the same people who's done this last time or their friends or something testing out for the security system in your car.
Bear Trap?....nah

Buy a bunch of bears and have them live in your yard. And name them all after rappers so that way the next morning the perp would've eaten by master p and 'lil scrappy. And dress them like pirates.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 07:52 PM

Damn those SOBs...I would torture those little bastards if I ever catch one of them, just one...

Mine was vandalized a couple weeks ago, my spoiler's cracked right at the middle and I can peel off the carbon fiber if I want to. I now have a flappy, V-shaped spoiler whenever I drive at highway speed or hit bumps and potholes.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

Get the cops to dust for prints. These idiots have probably done this many times and were caught and have records. I would def. get a good pager alarm also. They must be surv. the place or know you since they disabled the camera. Check the area around the camera for prints also. The problem with affluent areas is they attract the trash who steal from them. I luckily live down the street from the police chief so my area is constantly under watch. At least you'll have a garage soon.
Old Feb 4, 2005, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mr.MR
Get the cops to dust for prints. These idiots have probably done this many times and were caught and have records. I would def. get a good pager alarm also. They must be surv. the place or know you since they disabled the camera. Check the area around the camera for prints also. The problem with affluent areas is they attract the trash who steal from them. I luckily live down the street from the police chief so my area is constantly under watch. At least you'll have a garage soon.
Cop was an ***, and didn't dust for fingerprints. I couldn't see any though. I hadn't washed the car in a while, so fingerprints could have been anyone's. I highly doubt it's anyone who knows me because of kind of person I am, but anything is possible. The apartments I live in always have these crime sprees that come in bunches every now and then, and there's a ton of potheads here, so I'm guessing its one of them, out for a quick buck or two for their smoking habits.

I got down to thinking hard though, I'm very positive that it may be this group of people, about 5 months ago. Videos are in there, along with pics. They actually tried finding a way into my car, tapped on my camera lenses, and then proceeded to break into other people's cars afterwards. They stole other things that night from other people's cars that weren't in my camera's view, including several radios.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94998

I compiled the surveillance videos into one video here, since the links don't work anymore in the other thread. Also attached is the best image I have of the girl's face who tried to breakin to my car. These guys obviously know about the camera, and have stolen radios before, and these guys are my best bet. I'm about to put a $500 reward in my area for the arrest and conviction of these guys.

http://www.prismaartist.com/download...ms/breakin.zip (it's a divx file, 22mb)

In the video, the car you see them breaking into is one of my neighbors, and I know her, and she has confirmed that she does not know those kids. Fortunately, they only threw stuff around her car and didn't steal anything.

Last edited by Thoe99; Feb 4, 2005 at 11:47 AM.
Old Feb 4, 2005, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thoe99
Cop was an ***, and didn't dust for fingerprints. I couldn't see any though. I hadn't washed the car in a while, so fingerprints could have been anyone's. I highly doubt it's anyone who knows me because of kind of person I am, but anything is possible. The apartments I live in always have these crime sprees that come in bunches every now and then, and there's a ton of potheads here, so I'm guessing its one of them, out for a quick buck or two for their smoking habits.

I got down to thinking hard though, I'm very positive that it may be this group of people, about 5 months ago. Videos are in there, along with pics. They actually tried finding a way into my car, tapped on my camera lenses, and then proceeded to break into other people's cars afterwards. They stole other things that night from other people's cars that weren't in my camera's view, including several radios.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94998

I compiled the surveillance videos into one video here, since the links don't work anymore in the other thread. Also attached is the best image I have of the girl's face who tried to breakin to my car. These guys obviously know about the camera, and have stolen radios before, and these guys are my best bet. I'm about to put a $500 reward in my area for the arrest and conviction of these guys.

http://www.prismaartist.com/download...ms/breakin.zip (it's a divx file, 22mb)

In the video, the car you see them breaking into is one of my neighbors, and I know her, and she has confirmed that she does not know those kids. Fortunately, they only threw stuff around her car and didn't steal anything.

get 2-3 spare car battery's.... and amplify them..... wire it so if you use the keyless entry they disengage... but if not... you'll zap em so hard they'll have a hard on for 20 years... then you can really identify.... .... just a thought.
Old Feb 4, 2005, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Damn..didn't I already see this pix? Still scary.....
Old Feb 4, 2005, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ev0 1
Damn..didn't I already see this pix? Still scary.....
Yes, I posted this before when it happened. I'm just letting you guys know that those people are the best suspects I have right now.

Quick Reply: Evo Vandalism Revisited