Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Official CRAZY, HILARIOUS, AND OUTRAGOUS sales stories

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2005, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I went to Stohlman in Northern VA (currently hated and boycotted by the DCEvoClub). I drove up in my previous car, a 1995 tercel my parents bought me in college that I'd had for 8 years and 180,000 miles. They basically treated me like crap right from the start. Seriously buying my house that cost 10x as much was 10x easier than talking to these guys In the end, I asked them generically about finance terms, and the Mgr. quoted me something ridiculous like 14% a.p.r. for 72 months Needless to say, I left there pissed and went out to Carmax and drove home 1.5 hours later in my new Evo (Oct. 03) for $29k out the door.

Originally Posted by Jedi_Gill
They seem to have a system there of working in pairs and acting like their on your side while the manager is really wondering how to dick you over.
yeah man... good cop/bad cop. The police do it too (thus the name ). The sales guys make you feel like they're your buddies - you + them vs. the Mgr., and if they had it their way, you'd get it for free
Old Mar 23, 2005, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

You guys are right about the good guy bad guy salemen. First and formost. I don't know why you guys actually talk to the salesmen on the floor. Most of then don't even have a high school education. Got strait to the internet manager, That way at leaset he knows how to type and spell his name. Plus the internet guys mostly get paid on volume. The more cars they sell the bigger the bonuses. In most cases the internet fleet manager controls his own prices. He know what he can or can't do. In fact most of the sales process can be handled over the internet or over the phone.

The last thing is for some of you who did go through such a jacked up sales process, Why didn't just leave? A dealership being that f**ked up should never earn your business. Same consept as survival of the fittest. Only the best dealers will survive.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Not about sales but about how these salesman lie like a dog.

In my hometown Columbus, OH...at Roby Mitsubishi, I already had my Evo and went in to buy some parts. I paid for it in the sales floor and noticed the Gray MR they had for a while there finally isn't on their sales floor. I made a comment that they finally sold it and they were like..."sold it? yeah it was the 10th one I sold." and I'm thinking horse crap...there is not more than 1 MR in my hometown...that Gray one in his lot was there for like almost a half a year. It took them a good year just to get one on order and delivered to their showroom... so I didn't say anything...

Later in the day I went to the autoshow in Columbus, lord and behold the Gray MR from Roby was there! It was not sold when I talked to the Mitsu rep.

Lying dogs.

Don't get me wrong their parts dept. guys are nice and cool. But their salesmen know jack. Believe it or not, Roby is the only Mitsu dealer in Columbus that didn't treat me like crap. Those guys at Dennis Mitsu are ******...I hate them soo.
Old Mar 23, 2005, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I know about Dennis Mitsu in Columbus! I tried to buy a BBY '04 from them this fall. I was all set to pay the $3000 over sticker they were asking because I was in love with it. But right before I signed the paper I said something about how I decided on the '04 rather than the '03 they had because I needed the 10yr/100000mi. warranty. They were then kind enough to tell me that the car was NOT ACTUALLY NEW and that the warranty DID NOT APPLY!.

Apparently some old guy had won it, did not want it and traded it in. Because it had previously been registered the 10/100000 warranty did not apply. THEY STILL HAD THE WINDOW STICKER IN IT AND WERE TRYING TO GET $3000 OVER STICKER FOR A USED CAR!! No where on the car or in our 3 days of negotiations had they mentioned that it was used.

Needless to say I had some words with the manager, the salesman, and everyone else in there for wasting my time. I bought my NEW '04 silver EVO a couple weeks later from a local dealership. I got it right off the delivery truck with 4 miles on it. The owner races an evo in Auto-X, and the salesman has had and built many DSMs. I won't ever buy another EVO from anywhere other than Showcase Mitsubishi in Bay City, MI

EVOlutionary
Old Mar 23, 2005, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my sad story....... "Not Evo"......https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=129058
Old Mar 24, 2005, 04:42 AM
Evolving Member

I wanted an 04 RS. I went into my local dealer to order one before they came out and the dealer said that I was wrong and that the RS does not exist. He did some checking and said I was right and i put some money down for the first one he gets. He told me it would be in in June. I called in May and told him it was in the country at the dock. He told me I was wrong again and made a phone call and realized that my car was on its way. He told me it would be in on Monday. I showed up at the dealer the Friday before, one hour after the truck got there. The dealer was shocked to see me. They had not had a chance to take it out and beat on it yet. I was out of there in under an hour, never to return.

BTW. The craziest ride I had in an Evo was at the hands of a salesman. He drove it like we had just robbed a bank. After my 'test drive' with him I vowed to never buy one unless it was straight off the truck.