Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2 Qs: ebrake, car pulling right

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2005, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 Qs: ebrake, car pulling right

500miles on the car now and it's been fun. I feel 2 weird things about the car though. 1) The ebrake needs to pull very high to lock the car at stop and it feels very loose compared to other cars I own. For other cars, it would feel like the ebrake is gone. Is that normal for the evo?

2) When I drive hard and upshift, say from 4th to 5th, the car seems to pull a little bit to the right when disengage from 4th and then it's fine when engage in 5th. The steering is very sensitive to impurities on the road so it pulls here and there all the time. But for upshifting, it tends to pull to the right all the time. Anyone feel that too?
Old Jan 30, 2005, 03:10 PM
Former Vendor

your first ques. my ebrake is the same. i havent gotten to see if i can adj. it more. 2nd..i dont have that prob. it could be just you picking up everything that the car does. and its usally nothing. i did the same when i first got the car.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with dafarmer69.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

yeah i think all evo ebrakes are like that
Old Jan 31, 2005, 01:25 PM

Thanks guys. I'll not worry about the ebrake for now then. My main concern was whether it locks fine or not and I'll probably try it on a slope some time. I'm planning to install a turbo timer and the car cannot be parked in gear by then.

As for the pulling, I'll have to do some more testing then. I read that warranty covers tire rotation but does it cover alignment? I don't think alignment is covered with any manufacturer warranty of any brand but if mits covers alignment then it's not surprising about alignment.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 01:30 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Ebrake sucks. It's normal.

As for pulling: Have you tried shifting with no hands on the wheel? Seriously, compared to most other cars the Evo's steering is hyper sensitive. It could just be that your body weight is shifting slightly when you shift and you're slightly tugging the wheel. It would go unnoticed in most cars with their sluggish steering.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Lol, speaking of ebrakes being loose...i totally did NOT get my foot run over by my car stopping it from rolling down a hill cuz the damn thing wasnt fully engaged...learned my lesson there, stay in the car and let it cool down without the TT and then leave it in gear
Old Jan 31, 2005, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

^
I dont know if i would recomend a shift from 4th to 5 with no hands on the wheel why not have a passanger shift whil you concentrate on holding the wheel.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 01:53 PM

Wow, u guys are fast. Now I know the best time to ask questions, it's office hour
Thanks for all the recommendations guys.