Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

First time Launching my Evo !!! =)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2005, 12:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EidolaDream
good stuff beefy, I must say you may be on to something because most of the time when someone post a thread like this you get 10 pages of flamming. I havent tried it yet, bad weather.... But when it clears up I will let you know how it works out.
If by bad weather you mean its a little wet out. Go for it just make sure u got space to recover if u spin out. found that you may spin ur wheels a little on wet ground makes for a little less wear and tear on Drivetrain. GL on ur lauch let us know how ya did
Old Feb 2, 2005, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BeefyEvo
If by bad weather you mean its a little wet out. Go for it just make sure u got space to recover if u spin out. found that you may spin ur wheels a little on wet ground makes for a little less wear and tear on Drivetrain. GL on ur lauch let us know how ya did
no I mean lots of snow.. im out of town now.. lol.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

good, you know how to launch an evo. now go practice something more practical like rev-matching.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by twinevo
good, you know how to launch an evo. now go practice something more practical like rev-matching.
I can do that pretty well ..... just wish i had a third foot =/
Old Feb 2, 2005, 12:57 PM
DCD
Evolving Member

Ok thanks for the advice guys, I'll go and give it a try again one night soon.
Man speaking of rev matching, this car is so much easier to heel toe than my RX8 was! I think due to the revvy nature of that car, I generally gave it less than I knew it needed. The Evo is much easier to do
Old Feb 2, 2005, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

rev matching is cakewalk in this car.. its loves healtoe action.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 03:23 PM

hey beefy ill probably trying what u said after i get some more miles on the car...mines is still a baby only ~575 miles on it ...i may start at 600 but i dont know if thats a little premature or not...but i do like how ur method sounds not to high of revs i like
Old Feb 2, 2005, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Smile

I did the 3k slip first day I got my car by accidently. Evo takes a lil time to get used to from driving other cars(atleast for me), I was on a hill making a left in heavy traffic, tryinin to get used to the car I revved it to high let the clutch out and floord it, practically jumped sideways into the lane, scared the **** out of me, but now that i think of it, it was def. a fun expierence especially seeing the look on the peoples face in traffic who seen me doing it
Old Feb 2, 2005, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

It seems to be the case. Evolife you ever try this method ?
Yes, I find to be quite satisfying
Old Feb 2, 2005, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

i recomend you try it ! and then come back and tell me that it hurts ur clutch.
besides i am posting info for people who want to learn how to better controll thier car. i am not posting to influence others to break thier car. for example i have heard that 7k drops are the best way to launch an Evo. that is far from what my post is about. advice to you..... Find a girl have some kids tell them how to drive. if you have kids follow the above. if you have nothing to contribute besides whiny concerns over others clutches dont post on this thread. Your concern for others is noted thanks.

NE way !!! anyone get out and try this what were results ?

i'm not here to argue with you
if a person doesn't know how to launch the car they can sure burn the clutch
and you know ppl doesn't stop until they got it and you guys posted all this detail on how to do it. ofcourse it wont hurt it if you do it few times, but do you think they gonna stop once they taste the fun? just like i said there is no reason to show ppl how to screw up their car with detail if you lauch the car all you have to do is describe it but dont show ppl how to do it and do you think it proves anything by talking about girl and kids over this issue? LOL it just shows how immature you are
Old Feb 3, 2005, 04:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mmmmm dont do that !
yes, if you launch higher it'll pull you out the hole harder. i've never lost a street race with this method.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
best way i practiced my launches was when I was going to put a new clutch in. I already ordered the clutch and was waiting to get it installed. I figured I would beat on my clutch and practice launching. Hell might as well get use out of the old stocker. I was launching almost everytime I was at a light in front people probably thought i was nutz.

With all that abuse I got 25,000 out of the stock clutch before I got my ACT installed. Stock just wasn't holding the additional HP I've added on. Expecially with cams in the near future no way was she going to hold a 4,000rpm launch.

New clutch ACT wow how much fun! She grabs. I've done 4,500rpm launch 3 times in a row and no smell! I was in shock since after lunching with the stock on it smelt like crap.

Clutch is definatly a great upgrade for this car, especially if you like having fun and possiably start racing.

Nothing like launching after a bad day! makes you feel warm inside, lol
Old Feb 6, 2005, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tureno-AE86
i'm not here to argue with you
if a person doesn't know how to launch the car they can sure burn the clutch
and you know ppl doesn't stop until they got it and you guys posted all this detail on how to do it. ofcourse it wont hurt it if you do it few times, but do you think they gonna stop once they taste the fun? just like i said there is no reason to show ppl how to screw up their car with detail if you lauch the car all you have to do is describe it but dont show ppl how to do it and do you think it proves anything by talking about girl and kids over this issue? LOL it just shows how immature you are
Once again STFU or contribute.....
Old Feb 6, 2005, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo11V
best way i practiced my launches was when I was going to put a new clutch in. I already ordered the clutch and was waiting to get it installed. I figured I would beat on my clutch and practice launching. Hell might as well get use out of the old stocker. I was launching almost everytime I was at a light in front people probably thought i was nutz.

With all that abuse I got 25,000 out of the stock clutch before I got my ACT installed. Stock just wasn't holding the additional HP I've added on. Expecially with cams in the near future no way was she going to hold a 4,000rpm launch.

New clutch ACT wow how much fun! She grabs. I've done 4,500rpm launch 3 times in a row and no smell! I was in shock since after lunching with the stock on it smelt like crap.

Clutch is definatly a great upgrade for this car, especially if you like having fun and possiably start racing.

Nothing like launching after a bad day! makes you feel warm inside, lol
so ur stocker lasted a good long time eh ..... good to hear i dont wanna spend 1k on a clutch anytime soon ..... how much was ur ACT
Old Apr 29, 2007, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
did anyone ever get 60' times for this method?

Quick Reply: First time Launching my Evo !!! =)