Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: which bike?
Loud mouth Harley
10.19%
garlic eatin' ducati
89.81%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Which Motorcycle should be parked next to my EVO?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2005, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i refuse to buy hondas for some reson...only an old school VFR 1000 like my dads old bike. they cost more than their worth i think an R1 or R6 will walk a honda anyday IMO
Old Feb 1, 2005, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chronohunter
Nice No better combo IMO

Just to freak you out a little...between my wife and I we have a X5 4.4i, an EVO, a Ducati 916mono and a KTM 520 MXC

Freaky 'cause here's my mx'er. It's a Honda though. CRF 450R. This was last year however. I no longer have the evo Sold it.
Attached Thumbnails Which Motorcycle should be parked next to my EVO?-mx6.jpg  

Last edited by s4awd; Feb 1, 2005 at 02:20 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoguy
Get a chopper!

or

If you do get a sportster get a 1200 not the 883. Not enough motor, you'll get tired of it (weak) and get a 1200 anyway. I have a 1852cc in my bike and that is just about right.
any pics of your Bourget?
Old Feb 1, 2005, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Talking

Originally Posted by evoguy
harley's rule!
The Harley gets no love because its literally 1940s technology, over, and over, and over, and over, and chromed over again. They had the V1000 motor developed by *hack*, *cough* Porsche and Ford Cosworth. They raced it, did fairly well, stopped racing, and then stuck the 1200cc (or 1300cc, I can't remember) model in a POS frame and called it the "VRod" and everybody drooled.

PPPllllleasseeee!

My Uncle just bought a Soft-Tail and just mentioned to me that he can't take it above 90mph because of extreme head shake. Ok ... THAT's a safety issue, and it's a $17k bike! I see pictures from Wisconsin friends that some, yes, had Harley's but the others had Hondas, Yamahas, and the like. Talk about heiritage, talk about American all you want, but Harley components come from the same overseas manufactures that everybody else uses. Showa, Nissin, Nippodenso, Japanese foundry engine block, etc ... Mark that with at least Kawasakis being assembled also in a plant in Wisconsin by American workers and I really begin to wonder why we can consciously make the argument about Harley being 'more' American than a Japanese bike.

My 0.02, Harley's suck. Make us a real bike Harley, and that doesn't include Eric Buell. Personally I wish he would design bikes for an 'independent' American company that would let him get rid of the Harley lump motor. He really does make even a Harley look sorta good.

Getting back to the root of this thread. Ducati's really do have a certain appeal. V-Twin, Italian (and you'll be hard pressed to feel the 'Italian' on a Japanese bike), tons of support, legends, good technology, great clubs, etc ...

For those that are 4 cyl racebike lovers, you can get all the spunk, but less strain on the one-off bikes. FZ6, FZ1, Z1000, etc... What's funny is the journalists that ride them, say with a set of race tires, and a suspension dial, you can approach 95% of the track performance of the full up race bike ... hmmm ... interesting.

As for me, with an amateur bike race certification, and tons of hours on a SV650S I still can't extract all that it offers on the street. Same with the EVO. I'm sure the Ducati (or like bike) will provide for many hours of enjoyment, on and off the bike.

Cheers,

jcnel.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

R1
Old Feb 1, 2005, 06:00 PM

Unless your going through your mid life crisis.....

Duc

I'd also say get a yamaha, but thats cause i own an R6, and love it.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 07:21 PM

The harley is....... well a harley which has come to mean overpriced and underpowered. don't get me wrong they look cool but i just can't bring myself to like them.

and speaking of overpriced and underpowered, Ducati would have cornered the market if it wasn't for harley.

try a Moto Guzzi it maybe overpriced and underpowered but atleast its different than what everyone else is riding.

me personally, I like underpriced and overpowered which is why I ride an R1
Old Feb 1, 2005, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Just looking at that made me nautious
Originally Posted by Shearer
Something like THIS would be quite fitting. Then again if you had the ***** to ride it, you wouldn't want to drive the EVO anymore.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Sweet bike. A buddy of mine has a sixxer with a Two Brother exhaust and that $hit sounds MEAN. And I thought my Helix set-up was loud

~fred

Originally Posted by Novtec1
sorry i got what i could afford to park next to the EVO, WRX, and the INTEGRA...a GSX-R600...good enough for me....

Old Feb 1, 2005, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

monster is just soooo sexy.. I want one sooooo bad lol.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 11:53 PM

Talking

Here is a pic of my Bourget. Anyone that says v-twins aren't powerful hasn't ridden one of these.

Oh and this pic is while it was still in the showroom.

http://findlaymotorcycles.com/phoeni...rcycles/88.jpg
Old Feb 2, 2005, 01:05 AM

Get the Ducati, you will appreciate the v-twin in the italian flavor best
Old Feb 2, 2005, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I won a bunch of bikes and none are or ever will be a Duc or a Harley. Either bike is usually bought for the status or character it has which really means you'll spend more time fixing the thing. As far as other choices, it depends on what you want to do. The R1 is the popular bike because it looks fast standing still, but isn't good for commuting, or 2 up if you ever plan on taking your girl for a ride. It's twitchy and can get you into trouble fast if you aren't careful. There are a ton of bieks on the market that are very capable and can do many things. Yamaha has the YZF-600R that is stable as they come, comfortable, plenty fast and can be had new for what your looking to spend. For more money, the new F4i has good ergos, more performance (it is a former supersport champion) If you want more torque around town or will do a lot of 2 up, the Kawi ZX7 or ZX9 are great. Jap sportbikes are bulletproof!
Old Feb 2, 2005, 07:49 AM

Is this your first bike? Sounds like it.

I'll spare you the whole gear, MSF, start small, talk if it isnt.

Litterbike (R1, Gsxr1000, zx10r, CBR1k) are horid first bikes.

Get a SV650, insurence will be cheap, its a good bike to learn on, it looks like the ducati (girls cant tell), and you wont cry when you drop it.

If its not your first bike get the duc.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 08:36 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by s4awd
Freaky 'cause here's my mx'er. It's a Honda though. CRF 450R. This was last year however. I no longer have the evo Sold it.
a bit O/T

Sorry to hear about the EVO, any good reason? Tried the Honda and the Yamaha settled on the KTM as the best all-arounder

Quick Reply: Which Motorcycle should be parked next to my EVO?