Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: which bike?
Loud mouth Harley
10.19%
garlic eatin' ducati
89.81%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Which Motorcycle should be parked next to my EVO?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2005, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tujzr3496
if you MUST get a ducati, get a 748. The new bikes are too expencive. anything over a 600 for an inexperienced rider is literally asking for death. And if you are a rider with a slighter build, a literbike is probabally too big. the 600's to 2.9-3.2 (ish) second 0-60 neways! BTW Ducatis are a pain in the a** to get fixed
is 220lbs a Slight build

i like all bikes if i won the lottory i would have one of all of em but i really want something that is going to be practical cool and most of all fun.

-Steve

alot of you guys are saying the R6 so im going to look into those a little. does anyone know if you can get one for 7G OTD?
Old Feb 3, 2005, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOSTEVO
is 220lbs a Slight build

i like all bikes if i won the lottory i would have one of all of em but i really want something that is going to be practical cool and most of all fun.

-Steve

alot of you guys are saying the R6 so im going to look into those a little. does anyone know if you can get one for 7G OTD?

Not new, but used they don't hold value well. They are very twitchy, you need to rev the hell out of them for power and not the most comfortable ergo's. You can get the YZF600R from Yamaha for about $6500 new.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ducks are slow and Harleys are for very old people get the ZX10R most hardcore street bike on the planet a real bike should require some skill to rida
Old Feb 3, 2005, 09:27 AM
jfh
Evolved Member

Since this is not really about performance, take a look at resale values of the two models you are interrested in. I think that you will find that the 883 is a better long term investment.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 10:37 AM

Harleys are for old people????? Are you serious???? I have wanted one since I was 10. Finally got a chop and I'm 28, I must be old.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

Damn all this talk and I forgot to mention the silver and black 02 r1 that friend has for sale w/ only 900miles on it................
Old Feb 3, 2005, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by BillAce
I won a bunch of bikes and none are or ever will be a Duc or a Harley. Either bike is usually bought for the status or character it has which really means you'll spend more time fixing the thing.

Have you seen the 999r's? MOTHER OF GOD! Granted there like 22k, but its the end all of sportbikes. Granted you did say usually, so i'll leave you alone. I was gonna pipe up with the ducks track record....

Yea your totally right though, USUALLY, people buy ducks for status. And in So. Cali, EVERYONE buys harleys for status. You can't go past a starbucks on a sunday morning without seeing 20 of em.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Nmusaf
Have you seen the 999r's? MOTHER OF GOD! Granted there like 22k, but its the end all of sportbikes. Granted you did say usually, so i'll leave you alone. I was gonna pipe up with the ducks track record....

Yea your totally right though, USUALLY, people buy ducks for status. And in So. Cali, EVERYONE buys harleys for status. You can't go past a starbucks on a sunday morning without seeing 20 of em.
The 999 is impressive, but the reliability hasn't been so. My little Honda will spank the 999R and I've spent far less than 22K. It is a beautiful piece of machinery though.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

i just had my Monster 750 Stolen yesterday

However, DON'T compare a Harley and a Ducati. It's like Deawoo vs. Ferrari. On another note, you will want something with more guts than the 650 Monster, Trust me.

This is what i am looking to get when the insurance company settles up:

Either that or trade the Spec-V in and use the cycle money as a down payment on an EVO RS... hard choice.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOSTEVO
i like r1's but i decided i want to get a nice bike to go to and from work and go cruzin. something about having a 9 sec bike would make me do bad things.

-Steve

Get an R6 then, it's slightly slower, lol. I would love to have an R6 someday, or a Hyabusa(j/k, I'd kill myself), or an Aprillia, or....a Ducati! Get the Ducati!!!!
Old Feb 3, 2005, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Harley's kick ***. IMHO, Sportsters are like the "Porsche Boxsters" of the bike world. I think they're way too skinny looking. If you want a Harley, then step up to a VSRC. Otherwise, I'd opt for the Duc.

Dang, am I the only who read his post stating he doesn't want crotch rocket?

EDIT: Also, take a look at Buell - they make some sick looking street cruisers.

Last edited by kdogg; Feb 3, 2005 at 12:00 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 02:26 PM

'busa or nuttin

buying a motorcycle for crusing is like buying an enzo for cruising imo
Old Feb 3, 2005, 02:33 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by BillAce
The 999 is impressive, but the reliability hasn't been so. My little Honda will spank the 999R and I've spent far less than 22K. It is a beautiful piece of machinery though.
Ducs are a lot more reliable than people give them credit for. I think their bad rep comes from the old 2 valve engines. From 1994-present there have been no real issues that were not covered under warrenty (voltage regulators). I have a 1995 916 and had two hondas before it and the Duc has been more reliable than either Honda. Riding wise they don't even come close to the Duc. Think of it this way; would you rather have a NSX or a 360 or in the case of the Harley...a tractor ?

Last edited by chronohunter; Feb 3, 2005 at 02:54 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nasti
'busa or nuttin

buying a motorcycle for crusing is like buying an enzo for cruising imo
sit on it fonzie

if i had an enzo i wouldnt need an evo
Old Feb 3, 2005, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kdogg
Harley's kick ***. IMHO, Sportsters are like the "Porsche Boxsters" of the bike world. I think they're way too skinny looking. If you want a Harley, then step up to a VSRC. Otherwise, I'd opt for the Duc.

Dang, am I the only who read his post stating he doesn't want crotch rocket?

EDIT: Also, take a look at Buell - they make some sick looking street cruisers.
so what your saying is if you want a harley you need to spend 20G on a wannabee crotch rocket V-Rod sucks IMO, its cool but not worth the money.

Quick Reply: Which Motorcycle should be parked next to my EVO?