Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is anyone using LoJack security system?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2005, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when i bought my evo, lojack was included through the financing and installed at the dealer.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sleet
Hmmm..I don't know much about security system and whatnot. Can anyone give me a brief explination of low-jack?
Lo jack isn't really an alarm system it is a stolen vehicle locator. When you have lo jack, when your car is stolen, you report it to the police and they turn on a sensor in the car (via satellite) that puts off a signal that can be detected by the police.....assuming your jurisdiction has the detection equipment. Most do not have the equipment. Get a good alarm.

The best anti theft system I have seen is on star. A guy got car jacked, called the police, who called on star. His vehicle was located and suspects were arrested within 30 minutes of him getting jacked.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 08:21 PM
BMS
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Greyfox5
really, 35%, i got to check that out. Who installed it and was it 700 total.
Yea, I got 35% off from insurance, I got the papers for that, it was put into my monthly payments, only paying $1 extra, and I belive the company who came to the dealership to install it, was called Microtec or something, it took 4hrs, I just dropped the car off, and picked it up the same day, it's the samething as onstar, you have a little microphone next to the system light, and if you ever need them to unlock your doors, or need a tow, just press the little talk button, and speak into the mic, it's pretty cool man, you can't even see it, it's so small.

I'll get you some pics.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 11:07 PM

Go to the ITR forum on H-T and ask those guys how well the lojack system works.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AussieR
Go to the ITR forum on H-T and ask those guys how well the lojack system works.
See thats the thing. For any Honda a lo jack is a must have. But for the Evo I don't think that it needs it.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

I have the clifford matrix rs 3 or something like on that on my car right now and I love it, however the range to where the car will talk with the transponder I have found is pretty limited. Example: You park in the last spot the whole mall has to offer away from everyone, you walk up to the mall enter the doors and you have just about reached your limit. However after someone mentioned that clifford had gps tracking I had to look into it and as soon as I get back from my trip I am putting this on my EVO immediatly...

http://www.clifford.com/matrix/gps/default.asp#packages

I'm a flier in the military and although I get to leave my car on base which is pretty safe I'm still usually gone 20 days a month or less however having the peace of mind I could log onto the web and see my baby setting where I left her would make me feel pretty damn good. Just having the feature if you lock your keys in your car, get your cell phone out dial them up and bam your car is unlocked so so nice.

staton