Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HKS Hi-Power Exhaust (30th Annivesary)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2005, 11:27 PM
BMS
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HKS Hi-Power Exhaust (30th Annivesary)

Any evo owners that are running the HKS Hi- Power 30th Annivesary catback?, can you guys please tell me if it's full 3" pipeing, will it clear everything under the car, is it full stainless steel, and if you could post pics of your setup, thanks alot.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 12:05 AM
Evolving Member

It's not 3".
It will clear everything under the car.
Not sure about the stanless, but I am pretty sure it is.
And picture.
Name:  155_5515-small.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  56.7 KB
Old Feb 2, 2005, 03:57 AM
BMS
Account Disabled

I seen people write 3" hks hi-power 30th annv. under their info.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 04:05 AM

I have a HKS hipower 30th anniversary, but I have not measured it. It is advertised as a 3" exhaust. If I remember right, the only difference between the regular and anniversary exhaust is the chrome.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 04:11 AM
BMS
Account Disabled

Oh that's fine, I'm going with the 30th annv. I love the way it sounds/looks on the evo, it will come out sideways at the end correct? stright from the box, no custom work?

Also, you fellas with the hks hi-power 30th annv, give me a tip, is it worth it?
Old Feb 2, 2005, 04:20 AM
Evolved Member

it's not 3", and the 30th annv. is full stainless steel and yes it will come out sideways straight out of the box.

I definitely reccomend it. It has a great sound and look, and the quality is top notch.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 04:52 AM
BMS
Account Disabled

Anyone else want to add good things about it, before I click the purchase button... hehe, would a buschur racing 3" downpipe work with the hks 30th annv.?
Old Feb 2, 2005, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

dude i work valet parking and i drove a MR with this exhaust, sounds hella nice yet i couldnt go faster than 20mph inside the parking lot. Dont get the 30th anniversary man, its the same crap as the normal one yet it just has a chrome finish, same performance. And the tip is huge with the JDM angle. The piping is 3" but i think it goes to 2"75 when it connects to the cat;so its not a full 3". I think you could fit the BR downpipe without a problem since it goes completely somewhere else. Now you only would have to fit a cat delete that would fit these two items, i think it would as long as its 3" oh well anybody can help with this issue since im planning to do the same thing. Will any 3" cat delete/ high flow cat fit the HKS hi power and the BR downpipe???? thanks people
Old Feb 2, 2005, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

that exhaust has a 75mm piping ( 2.95 inches) so performance wise u ll get maybe 1-3 hp less than a real 3 inch, but no big deal. I strongly disagree with people saying that u only get a "chrome" finish, u get a full stainless steal system which will last much longer and won t rust in the long run. If you get an exhaust for your car no matter what brand just get a full stainless steel unit.
Personaly i would recomend the Tanabe hyper medalion catback sounds great, not loud at all, full stainless steel unit, and cost much less than the HKS.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the HKS 30th Anniversary cat-back. The piping is 75mm or 2.95", which is practically 3". It does neck down to 65mm at the cat, but the neck-down is very short.

And as for it being the same as the regular hi-power. The regular hi-power uses mild steel piping with a high-temp coating on it. The 30th anniversary uses polished stainless steel piping, which is lighter than mild steel. The resonator in the mid-pipe is also polished stainless. There is no chrome plating on the piping. The flanges and hangers are also made from SS.

The quality, fit, and finish of this exhaust is really good. I love mine. It's not too loud and makes decent power.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 12:36 PM

i recently got the 30th anniversary edition of the hi-power exhaust and i think its perfect. sounds nice, quality is good, got it for a good price too. you cant go wrong with it.
Old Feb 2, 2005, 02:11 PM
BMS
Account Disabled

Thanks guys, I made up my mind, I'm going for the hks 30th annv... one more question, the lowest place I found to buy from is RevHigh, 619.00 shipped, anybody have any problems with this place, please let me know before I order thanks again.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

Will any 3" cat delete/ high flow cat fit the HKS hi power and the BR downpipe???? I really want to get this catback but i want to eventually get a downpipe and a cat delete that will connect to this one without a problem. Will i have any?
Old Feb 3, 2005, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

I got it....Love it...
Old Feb 3, 2005, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

I have a tanabe dp and a ur high flow cat with my hi power hks exhaust and the fit is fine. No leaks at all. Also a friend on the board has a hks dp / perrin test pipe/ hks carbon ti exhaust with no problems or leaks.

Quick Reply: HKS Hi-Power Exhaust (30th Annivesary)