Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Joe MBC install HELP

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2005, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joe MBC install HELP

Got the Joe P. MBC and hooked it up by connecting it to the wastgate and also to teeing it to the BOV. I have the turbo compressor capped off as well as the wastegate actuator (both holes are capped).

I have not determined if this holds constant boost or not because I keep getting ridiculous boost level like 23 psi and beyond. Each time it would overboost I got out and tinkered with the knob, but no matter what position, it would overboost.

Thought I had the hoses mixed up so I switched the two hoses connecting to the Joe P. MBC. Same thing, I got overboost. What did I do wrong?
Old Feb 3, 2005, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Close It All The Way And Start From The Bottom Up
Old Feb 3, 2005, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Just like he said, with a mbc it takes the wastegate a lil time to set at a sold boost level, start comletely closed and move up slowly from there, I would take a ride between each turn till you get it right.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kimletrim
Got the Joe P. MBC and hooked it up by connecting it to the wastgate and also to teeing it to the BOV. I have the turbo compressor capped off as well as the wastegate actuator (both holes are capped).
that really confused me... but by wastegate i think you mean wastegate actuator and by wastegate actuator i think you mean boost solenoid.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 04:31 PM

You're probably right, by wastegate I meant the gold/bronze piece near the turbo. But with a lot of help for a socal member, we were able to figure out that I had the two lines to the MBC mixed up. The 90 degree bend from the Joe P MBC connects to the wastegate and the other connection to the BOV. From that point, I took the control knob completely off and determined that I was holding boost at 13 psi. Then screwed the knob back in a little and worked my way up. Now I am happily boosting at 1.4 bar (about 19 psi), solid and no spike at all.