Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

If you own the AMS TBE or know about it please help!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2005, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so it was mitsubishis fault then? oh well i hope mine is bent right, i kept hearing the buschur TBE sucks due to fitment issues, im glad i didnt get it; i wasnt to comfortable with the "clamp" method they use. Any tips for the install? the o2 sensor removal? wd 40 or whatever you call the liquid? i wont get a cell because of the high flow right?
Old Feb 5, 2005, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

You shouldn't get a CEL...I never did. As far as tips...it's a really easy job..

Go to evomoto.com and look up their write up on the exhaust install...it was perfect!
Old Feb 6, 2005, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

yea cool. But tell me aboutthe sound? deep, not ricey? i want to know how the idle is and at wot. I like that deep rumble.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

what should i beging with ? catback? downpipe??
Old Feb 6, 2005, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

It has a sound all of it's own...in a word "perfect" for me. I didn't want a loud exhaust...didn't want the "ricer in a can sound" or the "coffee can honda" sound either. I would have to say it's somewhat of a deep rumble and at wot it's nice...slightly loud but not insane...just right at wot. On the highway there is a little drone in the car...but it's totally tolerable. I went to Ohio and back this summer and didn't mind it at all.

I went with the whole TBE with the highflow cat because in my area the cops actually check to see if you are running a test pipe or not and if you are...you can get upto a $5,000 ticket and have your car impounded!!! It's rare...but it has happened before to a couple guys that had them on where I hang out.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

yea to be honest, i dont think the 8hp difference is worth the ticket. But what should i begin with during the intallation?
Old Feb 6, 2005, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

drop the exhaust...then the cat section...then then downpipe and install in reverse.

Make sure you have something to hold the exhaust as you drop and install it...don't want to bend anything up while doing it. Put the car on jack stands and use a small jack to hold the exhaust up while taking it off and putting the new one on
Old Feb 8, 2005, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

how long does it take for them to ship the item? i dont think they have even gotten my payment since i still have the money in my bank account. Does installing a TBE raise your boost because of running richer? let me know
Old Feb 8, 2005, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Not sure on the running richer...I installed that and a few other mods at the same time so I wouldn't be able to give you a correct response. As far as shipping and payment...call them. I'm local so I always pick my stuff up.