Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Alarms and turbo timers

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2005, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Alarms and turbo timers

What kind of alarm is everyone using? If you have a separate turbo timer, let me know how it works with your alarm because I was told it really couldn't.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just get an alarm with the turbo timer built in like the Clifford RSX 3.5. Thats what I had in my 03 evo. I'm planning to get the same one. The good thing is that you won't have another module in your car. The bad thing is, its a pain to set different times, and no features like auto timing.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

How much of a pain is it to set a different time? A minute should do well 99.5% of the time though. I had a Blitz DTT turbo timer that I always had in auto mode. It didn't go over 45 seconds often.
Old Feb 4, 2005, 05:11 AM

i'm working on getting my TT alarm to cooperate with my A'pexi TT. the shop's looking for a way to splice into the alarm's timer and have it read as if the A'pexi was the alarm. i don't like the idea of the alarm having only one pre-set time. will post my results once everything's figured out.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Buckkaaaa!!
just get an alarm with the turbo timer built in like the Clifford RSX 3.5. Thats what I had in my 03 evo. I'm planning to get the same one. The good thing is that you won't have another module in your car. The bad thing is, its a pain to set different times, and no features like auto timing.
My alarm system has turbo timer feature, but I was told the turbo timer feature of an alarm won't work, cuz I didn't install the remote start feature. Being manual, I don't want remote start on my car. What other methods have people come up with?
Old Feb 10, 2005, 01:33 AM
Evolving Member

will an hks type 1 TT work with the alarm i got through the dealer?
Old Feb 10, 2005, 01:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dealer alarm, yes, do you have actual alarm? or just keyless entry.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 03:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I use the viper with 2 way pager and remote start. LET ME JUST SAY REMOTE START IS GODS GIFT IN THE WINTER!!!

i have my alarm set to let my car idle for 1 min. with technology the way it is, 1 min is fine. the temp that oil starts to coke up inside the bearing housing is so high that unless your sitting at 20 psi for like 10 minutes, by the time you slow down, find a parking spot, park your car, pull the e-brake you prob dont even need to leave it on at all. i only Turbo time my car when i've been beating the **** out of it and I park right away. very rarely do i need to turn the car off right after beating the **** out of it.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 04:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bugula
i'm working on getting my TT alarm to cooperate with my A'pexi TT. the shop's looking for a way to splice into the alarm's timer and have it read as if the A'pexi was the alarm. i don't like the idea of the alarm having only one pre-set time. will post my results once everything's figured out.
Where are you getting your setup done? I'm also in virginia... I got a Clifford alarm (no remote start) and HKS Type1 TT with Harness... However I don't know how these two will work together?
Old Feb 10, 2005, 04:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by initialDRacer
Where are you getting your setup done? I'm also in virginia... I got a Clifford alarm (no remote start) and HKS Type1 TT with Harness... However I don't know how these two will work together?
if you dont have the remote start then it wont work. you need to have the hardware to be able to have the car running without the key in the ignition
Old Feb 10, 2005, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
how much did u guys pay for ur clifford rsx installed? does it generally come w/ TT or is it separate accesory?
Old Feb 10, 2005, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NOLIMITMOTORS
if you dont have the remote start then it wont work. you need to have the hardware to be able to have the car running without the key in the ignition
Are you talking about people who have immobilizers? I dont think the base lancer has that does it?
Old Feb 10, 2005, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Thoe99
How much of a pain is it to set a different time? A minute should do well 99.5% of the time though. I had a Blitz DTT turbo timer that I always had in auto mode. It didn't go over 45 seconds often.
thats what i got along with the clifford matrix 3.5, just make sure u tell the installer u got a timer. The way i figure it is this, the alarm is made to protect ur car, along with some other thinks, the TT is used to let ur car cool down. Yes u can use the cliffords but i would say to get a TT. Use the right tools for the right job. Just my .02.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dealer alarm, yes, do you have actual alarm? or just keyless entry.

no keyless entry its an rs..
Old Feb 10, 2005, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by initialDRacer
i'll post the info once they get it working.

have an appointment to take it in on saturday morning. i think they've worked out a way to tap into the alarm's built-in TT to allow it to think it's running when it's actually my a'pexi.