Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I've got the Press Info Brochure on the Evo8 *LOADS OF INFO*

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2003, 02:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got the Press Info Brochure on the Evo8 *LOADS OF INFO*

hey u guys....i just got back from the LA Auto Show....let me first say that it was amazing!!! I sat in the Evo8....omg i wanted to cry, it was so great. The car is beautiful in person, and yes i do have tons of pictures to put up on here for u guys.....but 1st b4 i get to that. I talked to one of the reps there and they ended up giving me their own personal packet on the Press Info that they have, along with a MINI brochure thing on the Evo8. In the Press Info folder, there are about 7 different packets of obtainable information that I'm sure you woudl all like to see. Only problem is, its a whole lot of pages. they even have a cd-rom with it that i havent checekd out yet...plus 2 packets on the Technical and Mechanical Specs and the Features and Options. It even gives the 0-60 (5 seconds flat), 1/4 mile (13.8 seconds), Lateral Acceleration on skid pad (.96g), and Top Speed -estimated (155mph).

On the other packets, it has a complete layout of the car, on how they were planning on making it, etc... it goes through everything: Powertrain, Suspension, Interior, Exterior design. So, if anyone would kindly respond and let me know what they'd like me to do, as far as posting up all the pages or not, let me know so i can share all the info with you guys! In the meanwhile, im going to post a bunch of pics of it for you guys in another thread.
Thanks!!
Old Jan 10, 2003, 02:48 AM
Evolving Member

nice start posting some of it

i
Old Jan 10, 2003, 03:07 AM
Evolving Member

i just checked the CD that came with the folder and it includes everything thats in the folder, so here are the Technicals and Options list...
Attached Files
File Type: zip
lancer technicals.zip (11.2 KB, 551 views)
Old Jan 10, 2003, 03:18 AM
Evolving Member

.....ok....Everything is too big to be sent ..... so what should i do?? sorry that's the only thing that i could send through. I dont know what to do?? i want to show you guys all the info that i have received
Old Jan 10, 2003, 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Dem1K
i want to show you guys all the info that i have received
And I want to see all the info you received.
Old Jan 10, 2003, 07:12 AM

The big wing is standard (so no extra $).

Last edited by luderchris; Jan 10, 2003 at 07:41 AM.
Old Jan 10, 2003, 07:42 AM

Post the rest.......Post the rest!!!!!
Old Jan 10, 2003, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Dem1K
i just checked the CD that came with the folder and it includes everything thats in the folder, so here are the Technicals and Options list...

THANKS! I love cable modems....Haa!

Now it's a matter of how patient I can be to wait till Mitsu gets the first round out and the bugs out of it before I buy one.
Old Jan 10, 2003, 08:27 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Dem1K, you can send it to me and I'll upload it to the site so everyone can download it. Just send me a pm.

Mark
Old Jan 10, 2003, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

1/4 mile in 13.8 ??? That is very slow compared to the previous models. The Evolution VI TME that came to Australia did a 13.2 1/4 mile. I can't seem to find any 1/4 mile times for the Evolution VII but I remeber it being a lot faster than 13.8. Here in Australia the standard WRX (not the STI) does a 13.9 1/4 mile. Also I just read an old test that said the Evolution III GSR has a 12.8sec 1/4 mile time !
Aston
Old Jan 10, 2003, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

the file did say...."(Est.)"...
Old Jan 10, 2003, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Remember, this is STOCK to pass emissions and stuff. Lose the 17 steel spare in the back, intake - filter - exhaust just for starters .... this is a very sick fast car
Old Jan 10, 2003, 09:20 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Test numbers and manufacturer numbers will always vary. You can't read too much into them except to say the Evo will at least hit those numbers with a decent driver.

Mark
Old Jan 10, 2003, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

Plus don't go by what the magazines say either, because none of those guys could drive a stick car to save their lives.

I mean my 95 talon with just an air filter went 14.2 then with an exhaust went 13.9, so you have to take magazines tests at face value. I would be hard pressed to believe that the average person could push their EVO to .96g's. They probably would spin first. I find only the most experienced guys can get the car to respond the way could potentially could. I could imagine some guys could get the EVO to run 13.4's while other could get it to pull 1.0g's. It's all about the drivers. The potential is there. So take it all with a grain aof salt.
Old Jan 10, 2003, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Lets get all this info posted....

Dem1K, if you can't find another way to post it, contact me (email or PM). I can give you an FTP site where you can upload the entire CD and I can then break it down and get it posted.

Or if you don't have the bandwidth to make that happen, make a copy of the CD and mail it to me. I'll pay for you to overnight it. Then I'll get it posted...