Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Normal Hood for EVO VIII

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2003, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, I want the Q-ship option for my EVO. I'm gonna take off those ricey lightweight Enkeis and get me a set of custom 5-lug Lancer ES wheels, black eyes and hubcaps baby. Better yet, I'm gonna roll on four space saver spares, I hate that big wheel look. So of course I'll be tossing the Brembos, I can get all drums, since you can't see through the wheels, nobody will know. That way I can get rid of those flared fenders and replace them stamped steel Lancer fenders. I'll just bondo in all the hood vents and paint over them..
And those ricey Recaros? I'll just convert the car to a column shifter, after I get a GTA tranny, and I'll put in a bench seat from a Buick. I don't want a ricey tip sticking out the back, so I'll go with a 1 3/4 inch tip from a Mirage DE. I'll just have to get a boost controller to set for 5psi, cause I don't want any of the "whooshy" ricey turbo noise coming from under my hood.

Hey, I'm a grown man, I don't want anybody thinking bad of me because of what I drive.
Old Jan 11, 2003, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Normal Hood for EVO VIII

Originally posted by Cordwood
The EVO offers terrific bang for the buck. Unfortunately, the vent on the hood is way to boy racer. I know I can get rid of the spoiler on the trunk since the trunk lid is interchangeable with the regular Lancer, but is there an aftermarket manufacturer who offers a normal hood for this car?
I was just about to come to your defense, since a person is entitled to the preference of their personal taste and shouldn't necessarily be bashed because of it, but before I came to your defense I decided to look at your past posts. From that I can honestly say, I don't think you quite get or understand what the Evo or STi are about. A G35 may be more in line with what you're looking for or you may want to wait and see if Mitsubishi will release the GT-A here. The Evo however, is a street legal race car, with emphasis on function over beauty or comfort. It is not a high performance luxury touring car.
Old Jan 11, 2003, 11:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by GPTourer
I'll just convert the car to a column shifter, after I get a GTA tranny, and I'll put in a bench seat from a Buick. I don't want a ricey tip sticking out the back, so I'll go with a 1 3/4 inch tip from a Mirage DE.
Now that was a funny post!!!

Although, if the guy wants a low key car, then so be it, however, I wouldn't get rid of functional parts no matter how "ricey" they may seem. In this case the hood, needs to stay
Old Jan 25, 2003, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

vents?

do the evos hood vents allow water to get in engine bay???
Old Jan 25, 2003, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, that whole thing with the intercooler... the intercooler isn't a smaller radiator. Intercoolers only make the air that is headed through the turbo get cooler. Not the entire engine/engine bay. Boy Racer = SRT-4's lack of mufflers on a fake dual exhaust. Cool? To some. Really useful? Not really.
Old Jan 25, 2003, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The lancer 4g63 cannot be anymore hott than the US 4g63 built in Normal.

None of the Eclipse/Talon/Lasers had any sort of hood vents. I dont think having anyhood vents would really impact performance.
Old Jan 25, 2003, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Actually, the 4G63 is different than the one that we previously encountered. Hence "evolved." I'm not sure how much of a difference it'd make, but, I'm thinking that it's not like the Mustang's fake *** scoop, so, it's probably there for a reason. Then again, the GT-A didn't have vents, so, that could be a valid thought. I just think that every little bit counts.
Old Jan 25, 2003, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

I would like to melt my magnesium rocker arm cover.
Is there a thick solid steel hood I can buy or should I plug the hole
on the aluminum hood and insulate it?
Old Jan 25, 2003, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

I took the whale tail off of my 911 Turbo.
It looked too boy racer. (too has two o's)

Last edited by skibum; Jan 25, 2003 at 07:04 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2003, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

If he doesn't like the hood so be it, leave him be. This turned pointless.